Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Cleaning inner fender....

Old 05-19-2016, 09:15 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Cleaning inner fender....

Apart from merely sticking a hose up there. What products are people using to keep their inner fenders clean?

Just curious.

TAC

Old 05-19-2016, 09:37 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
I turn the front wheels left and right then get my hand in after washing it down and rub it with sponge that is saturated with type of silecon its like water and leaves a nice satin black finish i also rub down the entire suspension, at the back, the sparkling clean suspension stands out.
I have cerocoated my rear silencer in satin black because Im too cheap to have purchased a defuser, and the gloss of the rear suspension when clean looks the business.
But for the record my car has never been driven in the rain so keeping the underneath clean has not been an issue, my wife thinks I need therapy

Old 05-20-2016, 07:01 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by captain Greg
I turn the front wheels left and right then get my hand in after washing it down and rub it with sponge that is saturated with type of silecon its like water and leaves a nice satin black finish i also rub down the entire suspension, at the back, the sparkling clean suspension stands out.
I have cerocoated my rear silencer in satin black because Im too cheap to have purchased a defuser, and the gloss of the rear suspension when clean looks the business.
But for the record my car has never been driven in the rain so keeping the underneath clean has not been an issue, my wife thinks I need therapy
That's all well and fine, but what is the product you use?

Old 05-20-2016, 07:04 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Its a silecon liquid made by sonex, I will try take a pic and post it over the weekend.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:23 AM
jbuffa is on a distinguished road
I used Mother's Back to Black with great results. Took the time to take each wheel off and clean the entire liner. The end result was a "non-shiny" new OEM look. It's been about 30 days maybe 300 miles and 2 washes. It's held up well and looks clean and new. My liners were just a bit dull and stuck out as the only part of the car that showed any "age".

Old 05-20-2016, 01:05 PM
Cheers mate
I enjoy a man who is prepared to invest in detail

Old 05-20-2016, 10:14 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
I would take the liners out and then clean the whole liner plus clean the whole wheel well area. You would be amazed as to how dirty the area under it will be, let alone the pebbles and rocks you might find in the nooks and crannies.

I say remove due to you NOT wanting APC cleaners on any of the aluminum parts (will stain it).

Next step is to use the best product out there. C-Quartz Dlux. Its a semi-permanent coating specifically for black trim and lasts up to a year. It is the best and will be easiest to apply if the liner is removed. Imagine only having to brush the liner with soap and water from now on and it remains black. Anything else typically is a dressing and washes off after a few washes, they are sticky and collects dust and other airborne particles, and gets all over everything else. So look that product up and then get it.

Hope this helps you out sir,