Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Owner vs Enthusiast

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 01:49 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by captain Greg
if you dont know..then your not a petrol head
Really? That's quite helpful.

Old 05-23-2016, 06:27 PM
spikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nice
I agree with 'appliance' analogy. So many people view cars as merely transportation devices and look forward to automated self-driving cars. scary...

Marque is irrelevant as long as you have some passion about your ride (though driving a prius negates any street creed you think you have)

I think an Aston could turn any owner into an enthusiast!

Old 05-23-2016, 08:05 PM
mfrankel is on a distinguished road
Enthusiasm in contagious, and part of the reason I visit the forum.

I appreciate the regular contributors, and especially those who offer their expertise, of which many of us have little, but a few have some real gems and advice to offer.

I love 40's-50's cars, own an Aston, and appreciate the easy mobile office amenities of my electric Focus.

Never serviced a car myself, but have a desire to take apart and rebuild an engine.

So, somedays I'm an Enthusiast (and I love washing my Aston and going to car shows), but most days I only have time to be an Owner and a Dad and a Business Owner.

In a way I think that makes my Aston even more special.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:32 PM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by spikemd
<Snip>... (though driving a prius negates any street creed you think you have) ...
The other day I was driving my Elise to work on the hi-way going about 70, and a Prius owner passed me, paused long enough to look down and shake his head. I immediately thought to myself at this speed and with the weight difference of the Lotus to a Prius I bet I'm getting way better mileage than you are

Old 05-24-2016, 12:35 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jeff_335i
Really? That's quite helpful.
Sorry Jeff my bad
here let me elaborate
A petrol head, we supercharge our lawn mower, we install 30cc spark ignition engines into our model planes designed for 5cc power units, we port out weed whacker's, we remove the 15Hp seagull from the family boat and shoe horn a V6 200Hp outboard motor to the transom, in short we love to overpower and boost everything, we are not stuck up and dont accept that only highly specialized expensive brands are good to have, we enjoy the company of joe soap who has lovingly restored his 70's Cortina and fitted a V8, we embrace a boy who got his moms Mini Moke as a first car and managed to fit a Subaru flat 4 into it... we dont discriminate if Petrol heads are poor, or wealthy... we are just petrol heads, in simple terms we are not snobs we are the epitome of enthusiast we dont care if a man drives an Aston or an Austin as long as he has passion...oh and we adore those guys who build big muscle cars that put out over 1200Hp for street use...perfect for going to the mall with in short this is my description of a petrol head

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/petrolhead

Old 05-24-2016, 04:37 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ncamv8
The other day I was driving my Elise to work on the hi-way going about 70, and a Prius owner passed me, paused long enough to look down and shake his head. I immediately thought to myself at this speed and with the weight difference of the Lotus to a Prius I bet I'm getting way better mileage than you are
Same here I have a BMW 328d and I average 6.9l/100km (about 5-5.5l/100km on Highway) and get passed by Prius and other little car and I am sure they think that they are getting better millage than me... On the other hand the Vantage take care of any fuel saving for me

Old 05-24-2016, 06:45 AM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
I have a 3 1/2 y/o grandson who is a super-enthusiast, owns about 400 (yes - hot wheels) cars. He knows them all, Lambos, Mustangs, Cameros, Ferrari and of course Aston's. He got Viper and Harley for his first birthday...Ok both battery powered, but they are driveway drivers. He has 1 special car that stays with him 24/7....yes he showers and sleeps with it! Of course his enthusiasm for cars has infected his 2 y/o sister.

Old 05-24-2016, 06:52 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 07sportspack
I have a 3 1/2 y/o grandson who is a super-enthusiast, owns about 400 (yes - hot wheels) cars.
Ha! I've got a box of about 30 of my favorites tucked away somewhere. Now I'll have to get them out this weekend.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:26 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
some of the guys on this forum have real one in the garage for every toy one we have

some very rich oaks on this forum

Old 05-24-2016, 08:31 AM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Sorry Jeff my bad
here let me elaborate
A petrol head, we supercharge our lawn mower, we install 30cc spark ignition engines into our model planes designed for 5cc power units, we port out weed whacker's, we remove the 15Hp seagull from the family boat and shoe horn a V6 200Hp outboard motor to the transom, in short we love to overpower and boost everything, we are not stuck up and dont accept that only highly specialized expensive brands are good to have, we enjoy the company of joe soap who has lovingly restored his 70's Cortina and fitted a V8, we embrace a boy who got his moms Mini Moke as a first car and managed to fit a Subaru flat 4 into it... we dont discriminate if Petrol heads are poor, or wealthy... we are just petrol heads, in simple terms we are not snobs we are the epitome of enthusiast we dont care if a man drives an Aston or an Austin as long as he has passion...oh and we adore those guys who build big muscle cars that put out over 1200Hp for street use...perfect for going to the mall with in short this is my description of a petrol head

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/petrolhead
That's what I thought but wasn't sure. Here we would call a person like that a gear head. I know many guys and a few girls who are like that. I run a weekly car show for enthusiasts - we see everything from rusty old Hondas to vintage Ferraris and all sorts of customized machines. And love them all.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Jeff_335i
That's what I thought but wasn't sure. Here we would call a person like that a gear head. I know many guys and a few girls who are like that. I run a weekly car show for enthusiasts - we see everything from rusty old Hondas to vintage Ferraris and all sorts of customized machines. And love them all.
Your a confirmed petrol head!!! Cold beer in my tool box for you

Old 05-24-2016, 10:03 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Your a confirmed petrol head!!! Cold beer in my tool box for you
let's grab a beer and go visit your friend's prada collection just kidding