Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

new to forum, just bought a 2007 V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 05:31 PM
AusTTin Bob is on a distinguished road
new to forum, just bought a 2007 V8V

Hello from Austin, Texas. I was waiting for it to stop raining so I could wash the car properly, but that's never happening, apparently, so here are pics of my new-to-me car, dirty. It's a 2007 V8 Vantage, 19k miles, all the bells and whistles. The paint is sharp, a pearl metallic that has the tiniest hint of a nacreous glow in the right light. Everything works, so all I've done to it since I got it a couple of weeks ago is put stickers on the back window. Well, ok, it wants gas struts for the passenger doors; I bought them last week and will pop them in next weekend. It sounds cooler than my Miata. I'm pretty pleased about the whole situation.

Old 05-27-2016, 05:42 PM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
Very nice.

Old 05-27-2016, 05:50 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Beautiful car and great color! Welcome to the Aston community!

Old 05-27-2016, 06:47 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Welcome, great color. I had want a white one for the longest time but none were for sale when I was in the market

Old 05-27-2016, 06:48 PM
Texas F1 will become famous soon enough
Very nice! Hope to see you around the Austin area (if the rain lets up a bit)!

Old 05-27-2016, 08:06 PM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
Great car. Welcome to the forum. I assume that you, or the PO have pulled fuse 15, or 22 (Exhaust bypass) already?

Old 05-27-2016, 08:08 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Very cool, good year and TRANS choice. These are great cars, you will love it.
Ron

Old 05-27-2016, 11:36 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
from one new owner to another, congrats. hope you're as giddy as i am.

btw, lmao @ sounds cooler than a miata comment.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:26 AM
Texas F1, I'll watch for you on the highways and byways. I'm in the middle of town. Looks like you're in Leander, which puts you much closer to the dealership. With luck, dealer location won't be too relevant to me! I've seen an Aston Martin at Fair Bean coffee by my house a couple of times, so maybe there are a couple in my neighborhood, now.
ncamv8, I confess I haven't played with fuse 22 yet. We've got a car tinkering weekend scheduled for next weekend, and I'm giving the honors to the guy who will get the biggest kick out of the fusectomy.
Ron Avery, a three pedal set up is a deal breaker for me. I was shopping for low mileage F-Types, but the manuals only came out in 2016, so I realized I'd have to wait a year or two if I wanted one of those used. I also drove an Alfa 4C, which is flappy paddles only, and was almost swayed for the first time in my life to buy an automatic, but I resisted. It would be way easier to live with than the Lotus Elise I've tracked and road tripped all over the place, but my wife would still have considered it ridiculously low and annoying to get into and out of. I sorta hate to buy a car that the other driver in the house would actively dislike. And the particular 4C I was considering had a fun LOUD boy racer exhaust that made me smile, but would not have made the neighbors smile. Anyway, stick shifts for me for as long as they keep making them.
shootermcgav1n, yeah, I'm pretty giddy. Rain chances are down to only 20 percent for a few hours, so it's out to the driveway with soap and bucket now.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:25 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Interesting that you looked at the F-Type, I am a classic Jag owner (1965 E-Type coupe) so I thought a new F-Type would be cool in the garage side by side. I had looked at them for a while but only wanted the manual transmission. Now that it is out I am glad that I bought my Vantage. With only 380 BHP, it is slower in acceleration than my Vantage by 1/2 a sec 0-60. And to order an F-Type with a few options it would run close to $90k. The Jag is still cheaper than a new Vantage. I was able to purchase my car in 2007 with 2800 miles for $69k (I now have over 9000 miles). So I think I came out on the better end with this decision. Puss my car with the sport exhaust and the powerpack upgrade is a real blast.
Ron

Old 05-28-2016, 08:41 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Nice colors. I also have an Elise. Sports car spectrum bookends.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:45 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Welcome, and congratulations. Your car is stunning in white. Yes, +1 for the Miata/sound comment!

Old 05-29-2016, 08:11 AM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Congrats. Definitely something special about the white, really nice. If I may ask, how was Star Motors to deal with?

Regards

Old 05-29-2016, 09:41 AM
Ron Avery, yeah, it sounds like we had similar lines of thought about F-Types. I still see one in my future. Maybe the prettiest car in production that a regular guy could hope to afford. And in Austin, the dealership is in the middle of town where I live, instead of waaaaaayyyy off in the next county where most of the fancy dealerships are located. The fire sand metallic orange paint looks great on the F-Types, I think.

blue2000s, no kidding! The Elise (which is a friend's, not mine - we share cars at the track) makes you feel like a genius. Easily the best handling street car I've ever driven. The Elise owner and I went in halfsies on a Spec Miata that handled as well, but didn't have the power/weight ratio (and you had to trailer it). So the Elise wins if you're trying to go precisely somewhere quickly. It's so light that it just goes wherever you point. It's so small that when we've road tripped to tracks, we had to pack socks inside helmets to get everything in. Meanwhile, this Vantage has gravitas, presence. I guess it should considering that it weighs 80 pounds more than my A4!

W126C, Star Motors was fine. I saw some unflattering comments about them elsewhere on this forum, but they did alright by me. The salesman was pretty much a straight shooter. He didn't point out to me that the car needed door gas struts, and I wasn't sophisticated enough about these cars to know to check, but that's within the acceptable range of car sales wheeling and dealing and disclosure. We settled on a price that was about market correct, given the 27 other similar cars that had been listed on Autotrader in the three weeks running up to the sale. It was fun. (And the trip to Houston also resulted in my wife finding a Vera **** ball gown for $80, which made her about as pleased a shopper that day as I was.)

Old 05-29-2016, 10:37 AM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Always nice if the wife benefits.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new to forum, just bought a 2007 V8V