Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8V 4.7L exhaust options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 03:09 AM
00aston is on a distinguished road
V8V 4.7L exhaust options

Looking to upgrade the exhaust system. Not chasing performance, rather sound.

Though I would like it louder, I do not want to deviate too far from the sound pitch that is produced from factory. Merely an increase in dB's but not obnoxiously loud.

Which route would be best given what I am hoping to achieve?
*replacing cats or
*replacing the muffler / rear section
*QS, BR, Tubi or Larini?

Is there a system which allows for a bypass valve with different modes?

Note: Fuse 22 has been removed

Any feedback would be most appreciated

Last edited by 00aston; 05-30-2016 at 04:24 AM.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:58 PM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
I went with the 100 cell cats and have been very happy with my decision. The fuse is removed and I have the Aston sound raised up a notch. It's my understanding from reading data on exhaust options that the cats will give a power increase over the rear muffler replacement that was important to me. Of course the muffler replacement is good for additional weight loss as well as sound. I have found Velocity AP to be very helpful and provide excellent advice on this topic.

Have fun! I have never heard a poor sounding Aston

Old 05-30-2016, 08:37 PM
jo2e6y is on a distinguished road
Hi

I started with the QS SuperSport Rear Section at first, it improved the sound volume, sounded more like a muscle car.

With the QS rear section installed, the valve is always open..therefore there's no use for the Fuse 22.

Few years later..I added the Race Catalyst 200 Cell also from QS, this time the sound volume increased by a mile, sounded more aggressive, occasional pops (not as noticeable and as much as I wish it could)

I think you might like the QS SuperSport or SuperSport Plus rear section.
Adding the Race Catalyst will make it obnoxiously loud =)

Now..anyone know how to get more pops and crackles?

2010 V8 4.7 Vantage Roadster

Old 05-30-2016, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Montana107
I went with the 100 cell cats and have been very happy with my decision. The fuse is removed and I have the Aston sound raised up a notch. It's my understanding from reading data on exhaust options that the cats will give a power increase over the rear muffler replacement that was important to me. Of course the muffler replacement is good for additional weight loss as well as sound. I have found Velocity AP to be very helpful and provide excellent advice on this topic.

Have fun! I have never heard a poor sounding Aston
Do you happen to have a video? I realise it doesn't capture the sound - but there aren't many people around here in Sydney that have an Aston, let alone one with exhaust mods

Old 05-30-2016, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by jo2e6y
Hi

I started with the QS SuperSport Rear Section at first, it improved the sound volume, sounded more like a muscle car.

With the QS rear section installed, the valve is always open..therefore there's no use for the Fuse 22.

Few years later..I added the Race Catalyst 200 Cell also from QS, this time the sound volume increased by a mile, sounded more aggressive, occasional pops (not as noticeable and as much as I wish it could)

I think you might like the QS SuperSport or SuperSport Plus rear section.
Adding the Race Catalyst will make it obnoxiously loud =)

Now..anyone know how to get more pops and crackles?

2010 V8 4.7 Vantage Roadster
The pops and crackles are always welcome. My daily is an A45 which crackles a fair bit in sport mode for a 2L engine.
What are the QS rear sections going for now?

Old 05-30-2016, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by 00aston
The pops and crackles are always welcome. My daily is an A45 which crackles a fair bit in sport mode for a 2L engine.
What are the QS rear sections going for now?
I purchase my rearbox from the dealership through QS.
However I know VividRacing has some deals from time to time. (now listed at 2800 USD)

Old 05-31-2016, 04:42 AM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
I purchase my rearbox from the dealership through QS.
However I know VividRacing has some deals from time to time. (now listed at 2800 USD)
I was in the same boat as you last year and ended up going with the Velocity AP Super Sport Exhaust and 100 cell cats. Not only did the sound improve by leaps and bounds, the performance picked up considerably. I wasn't after performance initially, but the car became so much more fun to drive.

Here's a before and after video for you:
https://youtu.be/0R6dYYHtyNk

Old 05-31-2016, 02:41 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that is nice

Old 05-31-2016, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by mindscape9
I was in the same boat as you last year and ended up going with the Velocity AP Super Sport Exhaust and 100 cell cats. Not only did the sound improve by leaps and bounds, the performance picked up considerably. I wasn't after performance initially, but the car became so much more fun to drive.

Here's a before and after video for you:
https://youtu.be/0R6dYYHtyNk
Thanks for the video! Sounds great.
Do you know any method to achieve more pops and crackles?

Thanks

Old 05-31-2016, 08:58 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
exhaust sounds QS Titan super sport & cat delete pipes

Here is my 2013 V8 Vantage with QS titan super sport & secondary cat delete pipes from QS.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:13 PM
Nice. More vids of drive by and rev??

Originally Posted by smogclinic
Here is my 2013 V8 Vantage with QS titan super sport & secondary cat delete pipes from QS.
Aston Martin Vantage QuickSilver Exhaust , Velocity AP ECU - YouTube

Old 06-02-2016, 07:57 AM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
Thanks for the video! Sounds great.
Do you know any method to achieve more pops and crackles?

Thanks
Thanks! I added a tune to it about a month ago and it made the sound even more aggressive, on top of adding power and a smoother feel. In terms of pops and crackles, not sure, though I do get more pronounced blips when shifting which is really nice.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:15 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Happy to help if we can - maybe drop me an email and we can discuss your tastes & preferences a little more?

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 06-04-2016, 07:19 PM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 00aston
Do you happen to have a video? I realise it doesn't capture the sound - but there aren't many people around here in Sydney that have an Aston, let alone one with exhaust mods
Sorry I do not

Old 06-06-2016, 11:01 AM
Definitely reach out to Stuart - He really helped me sort through all the options on exhausts/cats/tunes/etc based on what I was looking for.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V8V 4.7L exhaust options