Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB7 locked in park

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 01:46 PM
DocGaw is on a distinguished road
DB7 locked in park

2002 DB7. Automatic transmission locked in park even though foot on brake. Unlocks after several tries on tapping brake. Any ideas? Thanks.
Bill Gaw

Old 06-21-2016, 02:37 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Not many DB7 owners here.

Try amoc.org in the "Bloxham" section -- it's very active and there's lots of information there.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:16 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DocGaw
2002 DB7. Automatic transmission locked in park even though foot on brake. Unlocks after several tries on tapping brake. Any ideas? Thanks.
Bill Gaw
Seems that would mean an intermittent brake pedal switch or misadjusted one. AMOC is the best place to get a definitive answer, as suggested above.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:10 PM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light
I had the same issue on my 2002 Vantage, I adressed this issue by removing the park interlock solenoid, it is now resting,still connected,under the central console.
I chose this solution as my car is mainly used on long european trips and I don't want to be stranded in a remote location.
I went this way when last summer it took me a good 5 minutes to switch into D,pushing madly on the brake pedal at a petrol station 300 miles away from home with a plane to catch the next day.

Old 06-24-2016, 11:03 AM
DocGaw is on a distinguished road
Thank you all.

Thank you!