Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Vantage spy shots

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 10:24 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
New Vantage spy shots

2018 Aston Martin Vantage Spied Looking a Bit Like the DB11 - Auto Guide

https://apple.news/As0FA1Is0Nwacq0v2RgVeYg

http://www.carbuzz.com/m/Article.aspx?Id=34146

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo430.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	979.5 KB
ID:	451676   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo135.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	451677   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo511.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	451678   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo509.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	451679   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo131.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	451680  

Old 06-21-2016, 10:44 PM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
the wheelbase looks to be a lot longer....

Old 06-22-2016, 07:00 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Long wheelbase, huge rear overhang, still not a fan of the creases, especially on the rear haunches (same with those on the DB11). The current cars are aging beautifully because they're aggressively styled in some ways, but they're mostly curves. I think the strong pinch lines all over the place are going to date these cars down the road. Gotta reserve final judgment, of course, until the finished car actually gets unveiled.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:18 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by telum01
Long wheelbase, huge rear overhang, still not a fan of the creases, especially on the rear haunches (same with those on the DB11). The current cars are aging beautifully because they're aggressively styled in some ways, but they're mostly curves. I think the strong pinch lines all over the place are going to date these cars down the road. Gotta reserve final judgment, of course, until the finished car actually gets unveiled.
+1. The current line of Vantage cars is among the most beautiful I've ever seen of any era. Graceful, I think, is they key word, and hard edges are rarely graceful. Bring it on though, it'll just help ours appreciate more in 20 years.
CATTMAN

Old 06-22-2016, 08:21 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Case in point, this angle. The door on the mule is square with a massive window. The outgoing Vantage has a rounded door with a smaller window.

If you look at the middle section of the mule (and the DB11), the window line drops down before the rear haunches of the car. It's done on purpse as it's intended to make the car look like it's got this power that's balling up and ready to unleash (think of how a drag car sits up on its rear wheels before launching forward). But it makes the window line drop down, which makes the window much bigger. Not only does that ruin the proportions that Aston uses to make everything perfect (that whole golden ratio thing), it also makes the low point look weak - that spot at the trailing edge of the door where the window is lowest along the side. The window line of the outgoing Vantage actually goes up along the side, making the whole side look strong.

I'm just rambling at this point and yes I know it's still under development, I'm just not too excited about the new Vantage anymore so I guess this is just me venting my frustration and trying to suspend my premature disappointment.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:05 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Rich, don't be too discouraged. Those mules rarely have much to do with what ends up in the showrooms, and AM, while not without it's missteps, have a great track record for producing elegant cars, not fugly ones like in those spy shots. This is Aston Martin we're talking about, not Nissan.
CATTMAN

Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2016, 12:25 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
Funny you posted the Nissan, my initial reaction was to compare the looks to the GTR.

(Not a flattering comparison)

I hope they keep the small tight package of the current model over initial impressions seen in this post :-(

Old 06-22-2016, 01:36 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
I hope it looks like this or worse (closer to an GTR) and receives a V6TT engine, paired with an automatic transmission.

This would make sure we keep value on our Vantage models.

Old 06-22-2016, 02:09 PM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
isn't the new DB11 a 5.0 v12 with twin turbos? every manufacturer is turning to turbos and smaller displacement. don't be surprised if it happens.

Old 06-22-2016, 02:40 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by telum01
+1 agree with your comments 100%

Old 06-22-2016, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Zettinger
I hope it looks like this or worse (closer to an GTR) and receives a V6TT engine, paired with an automatic transmission.

This would make sure we keep value on our Vantage models.
Originally Posted by C4Sbeebe
isn't the new DB11 a 5.0 v12 with twin turbos? every manufacturer is turning to turbos and smaller displacement. don't be surprised if it happens.
Zettinger was saying to do all that to make them less desirable, thus helping values for the outgoing Vantages.

The DB11 has a 5.2L twin turbo V12 designed entirely by Aston Martin. The AMG GT's 4.0L twin turbo V8 is going to be used in the upcoming generation of Vantage, and supposedly as a "base engine" for the DB11 to slot below the V12 (not sure if that's actually happening, though).

Old 06-23-2016, 06:00 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
This looks like a DB11 mule to me, not a Vantage, or maybe it's a DB11 mule testing Vantage running gear. The longer wheelbase suggests so.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:16 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
You can't really see all of the styling nuances of a disguised car. This is why manufactures camouflage there cars so people cannot see all the details of the new model. Also car companies have been known to place powerplants of different configurations in different models that they would normally not be in just for testing. So let's hold on and see what the car looks like when it's not disguised.
Ron

Old 06-23-2016, 11:16 AM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
agreed. very common for mules to be running the drivetrain of another model during testing. it does appear to have a long-ish wheelbase for a vantage, so it's possible this is simply a mule that's used for specific purposes across a model range. typically, as you get closer to introduction, the true bodies are underneath the camo. just hypothesizing.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:20 PM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
If you look at the rear quarter closely, you can see that they have taped some additional cladding to completely cover the body lines. See how the edges ripple and tape has wrinkles. This tells you almost nothing about the final lines on the care.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Vantage spy shots