Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New to onwership. Vantage 06 radio & gps issues.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 01:08 PM
VANTAGE_06 is an unknown quantity at this point
New to onwership. Vantage 06 radio & gps issues.

I have recently bought an 06 V8 Vantage. Overall I am pleased with the car but am having issues with the radio and GPS. The radio & GPS dont always turn on or respond to their control buttons. When trying to turn radio on, the Vantage logo appears for a second and then disappears. No Audio at all. The GPS does not respond to any keys either. Then occasionally the radio will turn on and the GPS also. CD plays etc. All this is while the vehicle is not running. On the rare occasions the radio bursts into life it is then abrutley cut short by starting the cars engine. Under no circumstances will either the radio or GPS work with the engine running. I wonder if anyone has any ideas what this may be. It came from a dealer in California and he is trying to get information from the previous owner to see if he has had any know issue with it. Also just to throw in the mix, just to the right of the cigarette lighter there has been a cable hard wired into that console for an ipod / iphone. I wonder if this is conflicting with the electrics? I have tried attaching an ipod but to no avail.

Apologies for the long post, any help greatly appreciated.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:09 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
I would remove the iPod cable and see if the problems persist

Old 09-10-2016, 03:25 PM
Okay so I have removed all the associated cabling for the isimple Ipod connections. There was an aux box that connected into the fiber under the passenger well carpet. This cable is now free and is illuminated when the car in turned on. I cannot see if this cable should be re-attached somewhere else. Does anyone know if this is just for aux connections to the MOST and is just left loose. I have attached a pic for you.

Also Radio issues still not resolved :-(

Old 09-10-2016, 06:03 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Someone spliced into the stereo system. The fiber cables that are stock in the car are the thicker ones with the winding style jacket, the thinner ones are the splice job. It looks like someone is trying to daisy chain another device into the MOST system. Without seeing where everything terminates, it's hard to tell the intent or what belongs where.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:34 AM
Great thanks for your reply I will take a look, also check out the wiring diagrams.

Old 09-11-2016, 09:27 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
It could be an attempt at a Gateway 500 installation. There are loop style installs in their manual (2b and 3a), but our cars don't use it.

http://www.dension.com/files/product...tall-guide.pdf

Old 09-11-2016, 11:46 AM
Yes there was an isimple ipod system connected, it was only working occasionally. There was an aux box attached to those cables. You were correct once I removed the loop cable and connected the originals back together, now all is working. Not too familiar with these cars so has been a learning curve. Just need an East coast DVD for the sat nav now!! Thanks for your help, much appreciated.