Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Exhaust vs X-pipes

Old 08-30-2016, 10:47 AM
nittany is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the advice guys.... Going in, I was a true *** and didn't know what downpipes, midpipes and mufflers were or what they did to the exhaust note. I did see the Fabspeed X-pipe thread amongst other threads about swapping out the secondary cats. I wanted a more throatier response, but nothing too obnoxious that I would get a nasty letter in the mail from my neighbors. Initially I was thinking of getting a QS sport exhaust, but after reading all the threads, the X-pipe in a post 2011 V8V seems like the way to go.

So I called Fabspeed yesterday and ordered myself a x-pipe. Fabspeed was awesome...so professional and helpful as well as giving me a great deal with 6speed pricing. So hopefully it will get here in 2 weeks and I can post some vids as well.

Thanks again everyone for helping newbies like me enjoy my Vantage even more!

Last edited by nittany; 08-30-2016 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:52 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Good choice. Mine should be here next week, and I've promised Fabspeed to make some before and after videos for sound.
CATTMAN

Old 08-30-2016, 03:04 PM
nittany is on a distinguished road
The reason I am getting x-pipes is because I drove my buddy's V8VS and got exhaust envy.

It be interest to hear the difference between a S and non-S with the X-pipes. It will probably get me to upgrade the muffler after.

Originally Posted by Cattman
Good choice. Mine should be here next week, and I've promised Fabspeed to make some before and after videos for sound.
CATTMAN

Old 08-30-2016, 03:53 PM
PK_Vantage is on a distinguished road
Interesting thread...

After re-reading the entire thread again, I would have to agree with others here about the X-pipe.

By getting that X-pipe, essentially the secondary cats are eliminated (and the weight saving, too).

It'd be interesting to see what you'd get out of the X-pipe. Please post what you think after the install. TIA.

Last edited by PK_Vantage; 08-30-2016 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Not reading the entire thread through in the first place.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:26 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I have the Fabspeed X pipe on my V8Vantage S and its wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

Old 09-02-2016, 07:21 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Awesome! You will not be disappointed nittany. You will really enjoy the exhaust note, X-pipe bypass is the best of both worlds.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:13 PM
LotusJPS is on a distinguished road
In case anyone is interested, I just listed a Velocityap X-Pipe in the market place. Chance to save a few bucks. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4736115

Last edited by LotusJPS; 08-30-2018 at 08:31 AM. Reason: change link
Old 08-28-2018, 08:15 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I have a 4.7 with AP secondary cats delete and X pipe. I like the sound, and with the tune it's noticeably more powerful. I have a sport exhaust sitting in my garage and I haven't decided if I'll put that on or not. IRCC that has a lower grumbling sound.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:37 AM
LotusJPS is on a distinguished road
The X-Pipe does give more of an exotic sound. If I had the 200 cell cats or a louder silencer I'm sure I'd be keeping the X-Pipe.

Old 08-28-2018, 10:44 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by deckman
I have a 4.7 with AP secondary cats delete and X pipe.
I thought the X Pipe replaces the secondary cats?

Old 08-28-2018, 12:36 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
It's a mid section X pipe

Old 08-28-2018, 01:36 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LotusJPS
In case anyone is interested, I just listed a Velocityap X-Pipe in the market place. Chance to save a few bucks. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4735738
Link doesn't work !!!

Old 08-28-2018, 02:18 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
X-pipe by itself is probably worth the price sound wise and +15hp. Do we think its worth the added money for the tune and air filters to get another 10hp? (doubles the investment financially)

Old 08-28-2018, 03:24 PM
invalidname is an unknown quantity at this point
So the X pipe from Velocity replaces the mid pipes but the one from FabSpeed replaces the Cats?

Just want to make sure I’m not confused. Thanks

Old 08-28-2018, 07:35 PM
BDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the rough
2011 V8V, installed secondary cat deletes from VAP (not xpipe). Sounded much better than stock! Still wanted that exotic sound though, so i got the VAP super sport muffler which i believe has an xpipe in the muffler. Fantastic sound! I tried to upload videos before/after but it didnt like the format. If someone can point me in the right direction im happy to post the vids.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust vs X-pipes