Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Crap - Road debris...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Jimmy Macintosh is on a distinguished road
Crap - Road debris...

Driving around and feel the steering soften ever so slightly. I was aware that I was getting close to needing to replace my front shocks so figured I'd take her into a local indie mechanic just to check her out...look what we found:

That's the beam between the front wheels, looking up and aft.

Looks like at some point in the last couple of months something has jumped from the road and caused the hole.

I hope insurance will cover this...

Old 09-01-2016, 12:49 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Debris ?!?!?!

Looks like a 50 cal hit the subframe. How'd you not feel THAT ?!?

Old 09-01-2016, 01:17 PM
Jimmy Macintosh is on a distinguished road
It does!

I'm positive it happened some time in the past, rather than when I felt the steering go soft, but agreed looking at the damage it should have stopped me moving!

At least that sub frame is a replaceable item...

Old 09-01-2016, 01:18 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Not sure the insurance will cover this. They have a way of weaseling out of these things. It appears that a competent welder who has experience with aluminum would be able to repair this once it's removed from the car.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:56 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
USAA covered damaged caused by debris for me just a few months ago. Ran over a huge branch during a really nasty storm in a BMW 2-Series. Had to pay my deductible but no issues otherwise with the claim.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:12 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Geez!!!! It looks like you had a run in with a monster, if that thing was any higher your car would of be ripped in half

Old 09-01-2016, 05:19 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Ouch! Both when it happened and now in the wallet.