6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   An amusing little glitch (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/397441-amusing-little-glitch.html)

jroback 09-30-2016 07:50 AM

An amusing little glitch

File this under "things that used to worry me about my V8V, but now I just find quirky". . .

About every 3-4 weeks I stop at the dry cleaner, where I always use their pull-through lane. The only thing the least big unusual about this lane is that its on a slight uphill and the place I stop has brick pavers, rather than concrete. I turn the car off, walk in to drop my dry cleaning off, and when I return and start the car invariably the error message says "Traction Control Temporarily Off; DSC Service Required". Then I drive 5 minutes to work, park the car for the day, and when I return at night the error message is gone. :D

Not sure what this is about, but it seems to be a reproducible little software bug that only shows up under these circumstances. Just thought I would put it out here in case anyone else has been worried about it.

mkzhang 09-30-2016 07:57 AM

That happens when during start up or right after start up the car rolls a bit and the car gets confused that the car is moving without any inputs.

Happened to me the first time when as I was starting up the car, the handbrake couldnt hold it and it started rolling down a ramp. I was super depressed because I just got it and thought I was in for an expensive repair haha

Irish07@VelocityAP 09-30-2016 10:32 AM

Would be best to schedule a dealer visit and have the vehicle scanned by the dealer scanner. It's possible you might just need the accelerometer re-calibrated. Dependent on year will gauge calibration, the vehicle needs to know axis of lateral and longitudinal(year). If you park the car on a hill with a system not calibrated and a system check is done on start up, could be the reason for the error msg because the readings of the axis seen are not logical. When your on a flat surface, no error because the readings recorded make sense to the module with the current calibration.

Old phart 10-01-2016 07:21 AM

Wow! Just amazed about how many little sensors and calibrations and such are involved in these things. Just more and more little things that the average wrench turner can't deal with. I can change plugs, oil, filters, brakes, struts.... but when it comes to these electronic things I'm SOL.

jroback 10-01-2016 08:05 AM

Irish: Thanks for the suggestion. I will have that done! JR

mkzhang 10-01-2016 08:07 AM

Good news is a lot of sensors are designed to self learn and reset in a feedback loop, so its not a 'once triggered, youre SOL'

VANTAGE_06 10-02-2016 06:12 PM

Try a different dry cleaners ;-)

jroback 10-03-2016 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by VANTAGE_06 (Post 4566673)
Try a different dry cleaners ;-)

This dry cleaner is so cheap, I saved enough money to afford the V8V :D