Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

An amusing little glitch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 07:50 AM
jroback is on a distinguished road
An amusing little glitch

File this under "things that used to worry me about my V8V, but now I just find quirky". . .

About every 3-4 weeks I stop at the dry cleaner, where I always use their pull-through lane. The only thing the least big unusual about this lane is that its on a slight uphill and the place I stop has brick pavers, rather than concrete. I turn the car off, walk in to drop my dry cleaning off, and when I return and start the car invariably the error message says "Traction Control Temporarily Off; DSC Service Required". Then I drive 5 minutes to work, park the car for the day, and when I return at night the error message is gone.

Not sure what this is about, but it seems to be a reproducible little software bug that only shows up under these circumstances. Just thought I would put it out here in case anyone else has been worried about it.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:57 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
That happens when during start up or right after start up the car rolls a bit and the car gets confused that the car is moving without any inputs.

Happened to me the first time when as I was starting up the car, the handbrake couldnt hold it and it started rolling down a ramp. I was super depressed because I just got it and thought I was in for an expensive repair haha

Old 09-30-2016, 10:32 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Would be best to schedule a dealer visit and have the vehicle scanned by the dealer scanner. It's possible you might just need the accelerometer re-calibrated. Dependent on year will gauge calibration, the vehicle needs to know axis of lateral and longitudinal(year). If you park the car on a hill with a system not calibrated and a system check is done on start up, could be the reason for the error msg because the readings of the axis seen are not logical. When your on a flat surface, no error because the readings recorded make sense to the module with the current calibration.

Old 10-01-2016, 07:21 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Wow! Just amazed about how many little sensors and calibrations and such are involved in these things. Just more and more little things that the average wrench turner can't deal with. I can change plugs, oil, filters, brakes, struts.... but when it comes to these electronic things I'm SOL.

Old 10-01-2016, 08:05 AM
Irish: Thanks for the suggestion. I will have that done! JR

Old 10-01-2016, 08:07 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Good news is a lot of sensors are designed to self learn and reset in a feedback loop, so its not a 'once triggered, youre SOL'

Old 10-02-2016, 06:12 PM
VANTAGE_06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Try a different dry cleaners ;-)

Old 10-03-2016, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by VANTAGE_06
Try a different dry cleaners ;-)
This dry cleaner is so cheap, I saved enough money to afford the V8V