Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Sold my Vantage, Bought an R8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 08:35 AM
Ellipsis is on a distinguished road
Sold my Vantage, Bought an R8

Well this was by far the best forum for cars i've ever been on. So I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who's helped me in the past. AM ownership was much easier than I ever thought it could be & I loved every second with the car thanks to the people on this forum.

An opportunity came up for me to get into a 2009 R8 manual and i took it. Both cars have their positives, but the R8 feels more accessible in terms of fun. Interior quality is crap compared to the Vantage, still trying to get used to that.

Anyway I had my R8 wrapped in Satin Chrome and they made a video from it. Check it out:

Here are some of my favorite pics of the AM! Enjoy & Thanks! Maybe one day i'll be back
-Peter

Old 10-16-2016, 10:24 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Good luck in the new ride. You'll have to give us a comparison when you've driven her for a few miles.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:23 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
I have a 14' V8V and 15' R8. Bought them new....both V8s and both have manual transmissions.
IMO they are completely different vehicles.
As I have said in a past post, the Aston is an elegant GT and the R8 is an all out sports car.
Nice to have both

Old 10-16-2016, 01:08 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Don't worry, you will be back to an Aston sooner than you think. You never buy just one

Old 10-16-2016, 01:36 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Ellipsis
Well this was by far the best forum for cars i've ever been on. So I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who's helped me in the past. AM ownership was much easier than I ever thought it could be & I loved every second with the car thanks to the people on this forum.

An opportunity came up for me to get into a 2009 R8 manual and i took it. Both cars have their positives, but the R8 feels more accessible in terms of fun. Interior quality is crap compared to the Vantage, still trying to get used to that.

Anyway I had my R8 wrapped in Satin Chrome and they made a video from it. Check it out:

Here are some of my favorite pics of the AM! Enjoy & Thanks! Maybe one day i'll be back
-Peter

There aren't many cars that match this thing for beauty. Love the purity of the early car's shape. Thanks for posting.

Old 10-16-2016, 01:36 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I am on my third one

Old 10-16-2016, 03:42 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Love the satin chrome wrap. Congrats.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:37 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on the R8. Good luck with it. Hope to see you back in an Aston.

Old 10-16-2016, 07:05 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Congrats, your car was such a stunner.

Hope you enjoy the R8 and come back to visit us some times. And I agree, this forum has been fantastic at making the ownership experience easy and worry free (mostly).

Old 10-16-2016, 09:57 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
what'd you do w/those brixtons?

Old 10-17-2016, 02:41 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Your car has been an inspiration for many of us. Thanks for being a part of this forum. Have fun with the new ride and check back in once in a while!

Old 10-17-2016, 07:50 AM
Ellipsis is on a distinguished road
Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by larryg
As I have said in a past post, the Aston is an elegant GT and the R8 is an all out sports car.
Nice to have both
LarryG-- Best of both worlds! Although in my opinion the Vantage feels like the all out sports car (RWD, stiff suspension, low tech).

Putting the R8 in comfort mode (mag ride) is an extremely cushy GT like ride.

Last edited by Ellipsis; 10-17-2016 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:50 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Very cool R-8, love your choice in the transmission department. I have always thought the R-8 with a stick is a very cool car. I also loved the work that you did on your Vantage.
As a previous owner of a 2007, I think your updates were very tasteful. And the photography and video are fantastic.
I hope we see you back one day. This is my current and old Vantage.
Ron

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT front.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	304.9 KB
ID:	461263  
Attached Images  

Last edited by Ron Avery; 10-17-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:52 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats! R8 is the Audi to buy!

Old 10-17-2016, 07:17 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Nice wrap, it looks stunning!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sold my Vantage, Bought an R8