Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AM after-sales customer service?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 08:31 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
AM after-sales customer service?

It's been a little over 3 months since I picked up my custom-ordered Vantage. I haven't heard a thing or received any email or letter since the day it arrived. I did ask a few questions and a missing part was ordered, but no contact since. Is this par for the course with AM? I'm just asking because usually I get lots of follow up when buying other cars.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:55 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
I'd say that's strange. I get all sorts of communication from the AM dealership that services my car (parts specials, upgrade packages, etc.), as well as the Aston Martin Art of Living newsletter. The dealership that sold it to me only followed up a few days later to make sure everything was okay, but they weren't an AM dealership, so that wasn't too surprising. I wouldn't explicitly reach out to them to inquire about it, but when you speak to them next organically, I'd ask if they can check that you're on their communication distributions.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:10 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Two years ago I purchased a 2007 Vantage used for my Aston Martin dealer, this August I traded it in on a new 2016 Vantage GT from the same dealer.
I have found communication with the dealer / sales and the service department and Aston Martin to be good.
What has not been good is updates on parts ordered from Aston Martin or accessories they are very noncommunicative. I don't necessarily think it's the dealer having ordered parts from the dealer and independent sources, it seems it's Aston Martin that is at fault with not coming forth with information and updates.
Ron

Old 11-08-2016, 01:31 PM
Hmm I would expect the dealer to at least keep me up to date on the status of my part on order, as it's been over 3 months now. I've gotten an occasional promo email, that's it. Not even the magazine, which I had to pick up at my local dealer myself.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:03 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
I bought my 2007 Vantage from an Aston Martin dealer a year ago and it's as if I never existed to them. In fact, the whole purchase "experience" was a huge disappointment.

I bought a 2007 BMW from a BMW dealer in 2008 and I still hear from them almost every month even though the dealership changed owners about 2 years ago.

Even my Jeep dealer from 3 years ago is in touch every so often and treats me as if they value my business.

Old 11-08-2016, 03:23 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I like to hang around the dealer which is between my home and office, so communication is mostly on my part. I think the lack of communication may be with the new Aston Martin trying to keep up with communication volume within their small company. Was easier when volume was very low. As a small company I can understand that.

Old 11-08-2016, 03:33 PM
^^ well, they had NO trouble keeping in touch when it came time to order the car!

Old 11-08-2016, 05:02 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rohnin
^^ well, they had NO trouble keeping in touch when it came time to order the car!
What dealer are you working with? I use Galpin in the valley.
Ron

Old 11-08-2016, 07:44 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I prefer the hands off approach. My Nissan dealer used to drive me nuts with 3 emails a week and about as many mailers trying to get me to trade in [a 6 month old car]. The only thing I ever found useful was the 10-15% service coupons.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
I bought my 2012 Last month and I got a really nice embossed letter this morning..........informing me that my warranty was about to expire lol.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:32 AM
Scotty4300 is on a distinguished road
Just to blow a trumpet for the South African dealership (Daytona )
I purchased a V8V with 9000km on the clock and advised that I did not want to pay for extended warranty and that (horrors) I would service my own car.
Regardless:
I receive a monthly newsletter.
I have been invited to a track day at Kyalami race track.
I receive the quarterly monthly glossy magazine from England.
I get invited to new (DB11) car launches.
Makes me feel like part of the AM family.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.