Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

07 V8V alarm goes off when raining?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 06:00 AM
boxercupdave has a spectacular aura aboutboxercupdave has a spectacular aura about
07 V8V alarm goes off when raining?

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction to begin work on my 07 V8V car alarm. I noticed a couple of years back that when visiting someone with car parked outside and light rain the alarm would sound then turn off then sound again after 30 to 45 minutes. As I normally park inside or hasn't been out in the rain I didn't follow up.

This weekend after driving to our place in Arkansas I parked the car outside and again there was a light rain and alarm would sound every hour or so. Unlocked the car while it rained.

Does another have inform on similar alarm issues with it sounding when it's raining.

Other info:

Did lock the car when driven to work on non rain days before becoming a work from home contractor. No alarm issues.

Car is always parked in garage at home and I've never lock it. No useful info.

If we valet, they lock the car and never had an issue with alarm.

Based on the above rain seems to be the cause when locked.

Dave

Old 11-09-2016, 06:52 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
I've got the high spec alarm (with interior motion sensor) and washing the windshield with the car locked will set off my alarm. Rain has only triggered it once in 5 years.

There's a button on the driver's end of the dash (you only see it when the door is open) to shut off the motion sensor if you have it. Look up "reduced guard" in the owner manual.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:17 AM
Vantage514 is an unknown quantity at this point
If your 07 V8V has the upgraded alarm option (volumetric tilt and interior motion sensor), you'll have a button at the bottom of the driver's side dash near the door to disable it. I believe the interior sensor is in the rear view mirror housing, which may be getting triggered when the rain hits the windshield.

You can try disabling it by pressing that button, exit the car and lock with the key fob to arm the standard alarm portion. Test with a hose & sprinkler attachment to simulate rain on the windshield with the sensor enabled & disabled.

Mine had a similar issue a few years ago, and it turned out to be a faulty siren battery backup/ inclination sensor module. Apparently it's a common issue where the battery backup eventually leaks and damages the electronics in the module. Part nbr was: 4G43-37-10655 and costs about $150-$200 for the part. I think Stuart sells them on the VAP site, as well as other vendors.
It's located behind the LH rear fender liner.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:23 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
She just doesn't like being left in the rain!

Old 11-10-2016, 09:34 AM
boxercupdave has a spectacular aura aboutboxercupdave has a spectacular aura about
My car does have the switch at the end of the dash for the motion sensor so will try with a garden hose this weekend. If that solves the problem then I'll look at replacing the module.

Yep she doesn't like the rain for sure.

Dave

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.