Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Fail Safe Mode?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 12:50 PM
Bennett1209 is an unknown quantity at this point
Fail Safe Mode?

Yesterday I was riding through some mountainous roads, driving the car pretty hard through some turns 2,3,4 gear 20-60 miles an hour. Than after a bit, the fail safe mode popped up on the dace. I pulled over turned the car off and turned it back on and it was gone and drove home very cautiously.

This happen two years back when the clutch was done, and after 60mph, it would kick on and the car would drive very poorly, mainly when you left off the gas you could feel the car lurch back and forth. I eventually had the clutch replacement, probably 10k miles ago. Fingers crossed this was a fluke and not a sign that I have to replace the clutch again.

I tend to drive the car pretty normal, shifting at 3-5k rpms and only have been pushing it recently on sundays through these curvy roads near me.

If anyone has had any expire with the fail safe mode and what it could be meaning I am all ears. I have driven the car about 50 miles and it has not popped up again.

Old 11-14-2016, 01:37 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
sports shift or manual trans?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.