Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Advice for soon-to-be first time Vantage owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 03:45 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
I have a 14' V8V that I purchase new. Standard shift!
Mighty nice car indeed.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:19 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Sometimes I regret selling my 09 Vantage (it was paid off) for the 15 GT, because other than $45,000 difference and a warranty (my 09 had an extended warranty to extend would be $7K for 2 more years), there was not a ton of difference. Yes refinements, but my 09 with 42,000 miles was still tight as new and nothing wrong with it at all.

Yesterday I drove a DB11 - good points: It felt smaller than it was as I drove it which is a good thing on such a big car. I actually hated the digital panel, the I-Pad looking NAV screen, the weird and complex interface, the incredibly busy interior trim, the turbo powerband, the sound, as compared to the V8 Vantage. Yes, it's more powerful, but it just did not feel it. What good is 600HP when a 420 HP Vantage 'feels' quicker?

I did like the backup cam with aerial view.

Made me glad I had an old school V8 Vantage.

Old 11-23-2016, 01:42 PM
TimothyCraig is an unknown quantity at this point
To U S. owners: has anybody ever bought their Aston from out of state?

Old 11-23-2016, 02:07 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
I bought mine from a dealership out of state. They collected the necessary taxes, gave me a temporary plate, and ordered plates for my state. Was pretty seamless.

If you buy from a private seller, you'll probably have to pay taxes when you go to register the vehicle.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:07 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I 2009 Aston Martin vantage from Newport Beach took three months to get registered from California to Minnesota, in my 2015 GT took just a few days from a different dealer in California to Minnesota

Old 11-23-2016, 04:49 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I bought mine in a private sale from a guy near Newport Beach. I had it PPI'd at the Newport Beach store. I flew out, closed the deal, put it on a truck and flew home the same day.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:06 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TimothyCraig
To U S. owners: has anybody ever bought their Aston from out of state?
yep, bought from a guy a state away from me. flew down, checked it out, paid and drove it home.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:10 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
yep, bought from a guy a state away from me. flew down, checked it out, paid and drove it home.
Same here!

Old 11-24-2016, 09:47 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Bought mine from out of state as well.

Dealer gave mt the bill of sale with the final selling price of the car, value of the trade etc, and I used that to register and pay the sales tax myself in my state.

Old 11-24-2016, 10:41 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Redpants
Same here!
Me too. And, what a journey home that was from CA to WA.

Old 11-24-2016, 12:12 PM
Cloneman315 is on a distinguished road
Timothy
I sent you a message about my 2009 I am selling. Car is perfect with all the correct paperwork. New clutch fully serviced and ready to go. Lots of carbon and Stuart's exhaust. All updates like fluid, thermostats and belts and idlers are complete. Has Aston car cover and is ready to go with fresh Castrol oil change.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:14 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Just put a deposit down on a 2010 v8v myself today, beyond stoked!

Old 11-26-2016, 05:33 PM
Cloneman315 is on a distinguished road
Fun days ahead!

Old 11-27-2016, 01:32 PM
TimothyCraig is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Cloneman315
Fun days ahead!
I agree! ☺

Old 11-27-2016, 03:12 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Yup! Bought mine in Virginia! Didn't get 100 yards before scratching the front carbon fiber spoiler. Looking back, that was the best thing to happen to me because it eliminated my fear of "driving" the car!!

Drove it up NY/NJ on the Turnpike (I95).

Dealer took care of all taxes, plates, etc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.