Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Ice Warning not going away

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 09:17 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Ice Warning not going away

From searching, I gather the warning should only appear for a few seconds, but mine remains on the entire time the car is on. Pressing the button on the turn signal stalk to cycle through the displays doesn't have any effect--the "ICE WARNING" notification is constantly displayed. Is there a way to clear this or should I be scheduling a visit to Aston Martin? (Car is under warranty, so that wouldn't be the end of the world.)

Old 11-20-2016, 09:35 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Press the "Read" button on the center console.

That gets rid of any temporary messages. The button on the stalk just cycles through normal info being displayed, but doesn't clear messages.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:32 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Wow... I feel dumb. lol Thank you! I thought those codes would go away on their own, after time.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:34 PM
Timodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to behold
What's the exterior temperature reading say on the radio screen?

Old 11-20-2016, 12:35 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Timodc
What's the exterior temperature reading say on the radio screen?
He's in Chicago, temps are going to be ice-warningy!

Old 11-20-2016, 09:06 PM
When it first came on, it was reading in the low 30s. It continued to show even after sitting in my 60 degree garage overnight and starting it then, and persisted through a day in the 50s... but of course, that's because I never cleared the code. lol

Old 11-20-2016, 09:21 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Mathman85
When it first came on, it was reading in the low 30s. It continued to show even after sitting in my 60 degree garage overnight and starting it then, and persisted through a day in the 50s... but of course, that's because I never cleared the code. lol
He was asking because that sensor can go bad and send erroneous temp readings, and those bad signals can play havoc on our cars

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.