Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Dash-cams and driving alerts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 09:42 AM
klmc is on a distinguished road
Dash-cams and driving alerts

I have been looking at some solutions for useful driving alerts such as forward collision warnings and lane change alerts for a Vanquish 2016.

So far I have identified 2 cams:

1. Garmin Dash Cam 35

2. Thinkware F770
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLmSemtoAj

- and one alert only solution:

MobileEye 560

Anyone with experience or suggestions?

Old 11-25-2016, 05:07 PM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
I've recently installed the BlackVue DR650GW-2CH which is a 1080p front and rear camera. Reason I chose it is it's cloud function and crisp recording. It's also the smallest one available in the market today.

Last edited by sdekoning; 11-26-2016 at 12:22 AM.
Old 11-27-2016, 11:36 AM
mugget is on a distinguished road
I second the BlackVue DR650GW, had mine installed for about 6 months now. It's great for your basic recording but doesn't provide anything as far as driving alerts or warnings. I wasn't looking for those particular features when I was shopping around so I don't have any other models to recommend with what you're looking for but whatever you get, you'll be happy you did.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:42 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Do you guys have pics of the BlackVue installation in your AM? I've been seriously wanting to get one, but I was worried about how pronounced it'll look in the car.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:25 PM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mathman85
Do you guys have pics of the BlackVue installation in your AM? I've been seriously wanting to get one, but I was worried about how pronounced it'll look in the car.
I have: will post tonight when I get home.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:30 PM
mugget is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mathman85
Here are a couple quickly taken photos I took:

Like sdekoning said it's one of the smallest and sleekest ones you can buy and you certainly pay a premium for that. I believe the Thinkware that klmc linked is also another sleeker looking model. IMHO, the premium was worth it over the standard big square plastic box looking models.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:58 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, its profile was what attracted me to it--the square boxes (often with screens... who tf needs a screen on a dash cam? Just look out the window!) are so ugly.

Thanks for the pics!

Old 11-30-2016, 06:17 AM
I have my front-facing camera mounted on the left side of the pod (my car is RH-drive) and thus the camera is not obstructing my view while driving / not visible at all.

The rear is in the center, all the way at the top touching the headliner: barely visible at all.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161130_2056535.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	464555  

Last edited by sdekoning; 11-30-2016 at 06:19 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.