Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Picture of the month and calender

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Picture of the month and calender

Given the interest in pursuing this, I've taken the next step. Please read and see what you think.

OK, here are some rules that I "borrowed" from my old BMW forum. Do you all think these are acceptable? Also, does someone want to become the administrator for this? I'm not sure I have sufficient time.

In order to keep a level playing field here are some rules for the photo competitions.

One entry per person
The car in the picture must belong to you (or wife/gf etc)
Photos must be unique (i.e. no re-submissions)
Photoshop alterations ARE allowed in general.

The annual calendar will consist of 1st place monthly contest winners. Please keep the following in mind when choosing your photos for the monthly competitions.

All photos submitted must be LANDSCAPE format (HORIZONTAL orientation) and have an original available without a border that is a minimum of 5 (five) megapixels (about 1900 by 2700 pixels). This will ensure a decent size and quality picture for the calendar that can be cropped and resized as required to fit the calendar format.

Remember the picture must be taken by you and the picture must contain your Aston.

If your entry wins the monthly contest you will receive a PM asking for you to e-mail or otherwise provide the original image within a few days after the voting closes. Once your high res image is received it will be stored on the server until needed for the following years calendar. If for any reason you are unable to provide the required image in the time allowed or do not respond to our request your picture will be disqualified for the calendar. Watermarks will not be allowed on calendar images. Credit for the photo will be given on the calendar itself.

Now for the important bit...

Under NO circumstances will we tolerate vote manipulation. If entrants are found to have posted on forums (here or elsewhere) asking for people to "help them", then they will be disqualified. It is not fair and we will not allow it on the forum.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:02 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
sweet, wish we could do one in time for a 2017 calendar!

Old 12-07-2016, 09:07 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Sadly its winter and won't be able to take any pics of my new ride! Its killin me that I can't drive it and I've only had it 4 days!

Old 12-07-2016, 10:39 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
Remember the picture must be taken by you
Well that rules out all my favorite shots. lol Fortunately, I have my own pics that are similar to those taken by the photographer, but they're a bit less refined (of course).

I agree with the rules--they all seem reasonable.

I'd suggest doing seasonal themes for certain months, but then we'd have to have a calendar for each hemisphere. And I know a lot of people would be afraid of getting some snow on their cars for the winter shots. lol (That said, I'm about to drive to the forest preserves nearby for some winter shots of my car.)

Old 12-07-2016, 11:19 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Shall we get started ....

Old 12-07-2016, 12:10 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WG_moots

@@AMEREPLACE@@
Let's not.

1) There is no sticky yet for this
2) There is no designated thread to post the photos (not this one, obviously)
3) There is no way to vote for a car yet
4) You need a new sticky for each month's submittals
5) You need to figure out the start/stop dates for submittal (doesn't have to be the 1st thru the end of the month
6) How are you going to handle the last few months of the year if you plan on selecting a winner(s) and publish a calendar that you can buy BEFORE the start of the following year?

Lots of details to iron out before anyone gets started posting photos that, according to the rules, you now can't use

When our club has done this kind of thing, we've started Oct 1 of year 1 so that the 12 shots are selected by the end of Sep year 2 allowing sufficient time to get a calendar published and on sale by mid November or so for year 3. Basically a 13-14 month timeline.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:47 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Remember the picture must be taken by you and the picture must contain your Aston.
can you elaborate on this? if my friend takes a picture of my car, it's not eligible?

Old 12-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
can you elaborate on this? if my friend takes a picture of my car, it's not eligible?
I think the goal is to avoid professional shots, that's all.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:18 PM
do the forum administrators have any comments for this?
Maybe we have he pictures submitted by the 16th of each month. Then there is one week for members to vote. How does that sound?

Old 12-07-2016, 07:28 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
If it's a full year calendar, you'll need all the pics up front.

I dont one think I have any decent pics I've taken myself

Old 12-07-2016, 10:17 PM
I think the goal is to avoid professional shots, that's all.
ok i think i'm safe then, pictures my friends have taken of the car are for fun, no glamour shots here.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:39 PM
skeena river rove is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by WG_moots

@@AMEREPLACE@@
Beautiful car and picture. You got my vote

Old 12-08-2016, 08:58 PM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold
Black and white can be beautiful, too...

Old 12-09-2016, 09:12 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold

Ready when you are.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
I like how nobody paid attention to the fact that this was to discuss HOW to do the calendar voting, and not actually to start posting pictures for the calendar.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.