Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Diagnostic scanner Autel 908P- Aston Martin Coverage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 06:00 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Diagnostic scanner Autel 908P- Aston Martin Coverage

Hello

I want to know if anyone have used Autel MaxiSys Elite Auto Diagnostic Tool 908P scanner on Astons. If yes, what can you do with it. Is it only reader, code eraser or you can actually do diagnostics. I want ot buy one, tool maker doesn't offer any demos.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:25 PM
BMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant future
I've had great success with OBD Fusion on my iPhone and an ELM327 wifi adapter working on my my06 amv8. Great live data and logging and the ability to interrogate the engine Ecu, clear codes etc Better yet, the app and wifi interface purchased separately is < $40 total.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:01 PM
Collinsjd is on a distinguished road
We use the Autel for just about every make/model with exceptional results. Fully supported and solid diagnostic tool.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:58 AM
BMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Collinsjd
We use the Autel for just about every make/model with exceptional results. Fully supported and solid diagnostic tool.
What modules via the body port does it read on the AM's?

Old 12-15-2016, 08:19 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
So, I just purchased the unit. didn't have too much time to play with it yet. But scanned all modules, you can see live data, some active test & codes reading & clearing capable. My 2013 Vantage has 2 diagnostic connector. Driver side is for engine, passenger side is for all other modules.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:52 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Does that Autel really cost about $2,000?

Old 12-29-2016, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by deckman
Does that Autel really cost about $2,000?
This is Autel top of the line model, I bought for 3k. I use it for other cars (business use) So far is does lot of good things for the price i paid, compare to other scan tools that I have. If you're in Los Angeles area, I'll offer offer free scan to our forum members. Happy Holidays

Old 12-30-2016, 11:33 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by smogclinic
This is Autel top of the line model, I bought for 3k. I use it for other cars (business use) So far is does lot of good things for the price i paid, compare to other scan tools that I have. If you're in Los Angeles area, I'll offer offer free scan to our forum members. Happy Holidays
Thanks for the very kind offer happy holidays to you as well .
Ron

Old 02-28-2018, 03:39 PM
Irish is an unknown quantity at this point
Saw this thread as I was researching diagnostic equipment for a 2015 Aston Martin DB9. I know it's an older thread but I wanted to post what I found researching the Autel. Also, if anyone who purchased one has an update on how it performed (or didn't perform) that would be helpful to hear.

It seems like they continue to support / update it as they are on the 2nd version of their AM software (AstonMartin_V1.02). Here are the release notes from V1.00: https://www.auteltech.com/u/cms/www/...031943f8vc.pdf.

I haven't been able to find the release notes for 1.02 but you can pull up the car coverage at the following link and see all the modules (and function Erase, Live Data, etc.) for each car https://pro.auteltech.com/measurecar...ype=5&pageNo=0

Modules and functions
Cheers!

Old 05-31-2018, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by hmilycar
I have been a Ford Master Technician for 30 years and used about every brand diagnostic scanner Autel Maxisys Elite over the years and this one is hands down the best and most universal scanner I have used to date! Never once have I had an issue with the Blue Tooth connection between the scanner and the VCM unlike what we use at Ford. Programs keys perfectly, bi-directional controls work flawless and is very fast processing of live data....WAY faster than Snap On Versus and the software especially for Ford is almost identical to Fords software with the IDS we use at the dealership...I actually prefer my Autel over the IDS now.
Same here, my techs prefer this one over any other scanner we have in shop. great deal for every day use ...

Old 06-01-2018, 12:40 PM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold
The MaxiSys Elite seems like an outstanding unit. I assume it can't do jobs like re-flash a convertible roof module, right? Also, for someone just taking care of his own car, does it do anything that the Foxwell NT510 (with Aston Martin-specific software) doesn't do?
Thanks!

Old 06-01-2018, 06:32 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hmilycar
I have been a Ford Master Technician for 30 years and used about every brand diagnostic scanner
Started in the womb I see.

Old 09-08-2020, 03:15 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
I am using Carly and OBD Fusion Apps to scan for error codes. These Apps are generic and don't provide useful information - for example which of the 8 O2 sensors is bad. Does Autel Maxisys Elite provide detailed information ?

Old 09-08-2020, 05:10 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
You should check out AutoEnginuity. They have a pretty good Aston diagnostics package from what I can tell. A friend has a set up that he uses for his Jaguar and it is very thorough.

Old 09-09-2020, 05:09 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Talked with AutoEnginuity. Unfortunately their tool doesn't work for my 2015 DB9 :-(

Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
You should check out AutoEnginuity. They have a pretty good Aston diagnostics package from what I can tell. A friend has a set up that he uses for his Jaguar and it is very thorough.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.