Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Tips to get dealer to include shipping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 03:29 AM
powerbeautysoulAM is on a distinguished road
Tips to get dealer to include shipping

Any tips to get the dealer to include shipping and accept a lower price?
Or do dealers usually only include shipping if customer pays for it and/or offer price is close to list price?

Old 12-11-2016, 05:05 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
The time to buy

North American AM franchises have a major problem right now...very few buyers want to acquire an expensive, high powered sporty car in the winter.

Yesterday we awoke to a half inch or more of white, slippery stuff on the ground, today there is 3 inches more. There were accidents everywhere, including a 50 car pileup that killed three. Salt truck fleets are running round the clock to melt the stuff, but at the same time raising hell with any aluminum components in their path.

If you are making a purchase offer at this time, you sir are in the driver's seat. The last thing a dealer wants is to pay interest to a bank on depreciating assets through the next 4-6 months. Make reasonable demands, even unreasonable ones, they will consider them, accept, reject or counter offer. In any case you will benefit and feel a lot better about the purchase process.
AM dealers
I meant to type, Northern North American

This scheme works on new and used, but not on the new to market DB11.

Last edited by flinder; 12-12-2016 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Adding information
Old 12-11-2016, 08:27 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Really depends on what their margins look like on a per car basis.

If it cost them 2k to ship the car to you and they are making 4k off the sale. They will throw in the shipping if the only road block preventing you from buyiing is the shipping.

I bought a car that was on consignment, the dealer was probably making 10% off the listing price. They would not move on the listing price, but they did give me retail for my trade-in, free shipping, and a new set of tires. They probably still came out ahead after all that.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:12 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
I think it depends on the dealer. Mine was great and shipped it for free

Old 12-12-2016, 04:11 PM
powerbeautysoulAM is on a distinguished road
They won't even hold the car without a $2500 non-refundable deposit. He just needs a few days to decide but dealer says only way to hold it is with a non-refundable $2500 deposit that he loses if he changes his mind. This is a Porsche dealer for a used car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.