Michelin Pilot Sports 4 S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 04:41 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
look forward to trying these out one day

Old 02-22-2017, 02:38 PM
R32sSayBwaaa is an unknown quantity at this point
just read about these in popular mechanics or C&D or R&T the other day. theyre based on the official 2017 formula-e tire, the Pilot Sport EV2. almost the exact same tread pattern, talks about how there is softer rubber towards the outside, where you need it when you're cornering, but harder rubber in towards the center, so as to improve longevity, decrease rolling resistance, and increase high speed stability. Was super interesting, pretty excited for this tire. I mean, as excited as one could be about a new tire.. haha

Can't find the little write up online, maybe I'll screen shot it tonight and share it here.

Old 02-23-2017, 01:53 AM
R32sSayBwaaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Found it. Click image for larger version

Name:	photo854.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	470403

Old 02-23-2017, 10:37 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
I have a set of the 4S on order for my 19" front wheels. I went thru my PSS fronts in only 15k miles of street driving... down to the wear bars, and the outside edge of the left front is bald... probably do take more hard right turns than left. The last 10% of these tires goes away very fast IMO... one day it looks 'ok' and the next its 'yikes'. Alignment is fine.

Part of the PSS design and I assume 4S is that as the tire wears... more of the stickier rubber is revealed .. thus keeping overall handling in the wet consistent as the tire ages... ergo.. near the end its probably wearing faster too.

I talked with the guy at TireRack and he said they should be the best thing out there in its class. Same price as existing PSS... and they are fully replacing the PSS tire. I 'should' actually get mine close to the 1st of March... website says deliver 'when they release 3/1'... Thinking they are probably in the warehouse and just waiting for the release date... sales guy thought so too.

I mainly decided to go with these for the added mileage. I really don't push it much daily.. and no track events. The OEM Bridgestones are just super stiff sidewall and I liked the better smoothness of the PSS when I put them on.. The PSS rears probably have another 6-8months in them... I'll report if I can tell anything from just the new fronts...

Last edited by RolexDaytona1; 02-23-2017 at 10:49 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.