Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V12 vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 06:26 AM
juanilovantage-s is on a distinguished road
V12 vantage

Hello everyone, my 2012 v12 vantage is about to be out of warranty. Ive searched the threads about whether or not to purchase an extended warranty and probably wont. I drive it about 2k miles per year at the most and the car has been flawless. That being said is there a certified AM service shop that someone can recommend in the Dallas/plano area here in texas?
Thanks in advance!

Old 02-03-2017, 01:46 PM
V12V will become famous soon enough
I have a 12 V12 Vantage that I bought new and I passed on the extended wrrty. My car has 6,500 miles and has never had a problem so I didn't think it was worth the money. Instead, I spent the same for a set of Velocity headers, 200 cell cats high flow air filters and ecu tune. More power, cooler engine bay and eliminates the chance of the twin cats on each exhaust manifold damaging the engine. We installed all parts in my shop and I am very happy with the results. We also changed all the fluids and installed Michelin SS tires. And, yes the exhaust is louder if you floor it but we set the flaps to open with the sport button so you can drive around town without it being too loud if you keep your foot out of it. Very happy with the results.
I have had service done at Am Dallas in the past as I am from Oklahoma. Their work is ok but its a long drive so I started doing the service myself. I don't know of any independent AM shops in Dallas. Hope this helps.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:01 AM
That makes sense! Great use of the money.
Noticeable gains? There has to be someone here that can service AM.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:25 PM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
There is no certified AM shop in town outside of the dealer themselves. That being said, I use Ferrari Plano for most of my service needs. Oddly enough their prices are way cheaper and they can handle most issues. Of course no warranty issues.

Old 02-05-2017, 02:50 AM
Thanks Jmargolese good to know.

Old 02-05-2017, 05:25 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by juanilovantage-s
Thanks Jmargolese good to know.

The only things I think you would need a Dealer for is computer things. Any qualified mechanic can change the oil, diff fluids, brakes, etc..... Hell, I bet the Gas Monkey guys could put a V8 into that for you. LOL

But, I have no doubt that any high line race shop catering to F or P or L cars can do the work. GMP in Charlotte doesn't focus on AMs but their Tech dam sure knew all about AM spring installs and worked mine flawlessly. So just some thoughts. If you trust or can find a trusted worker, then just let them do the basics, WHILE you keep Excell records of every bit of work down to part numbers and dates. Then you should be fine. Run it to the dealer when it needs ONLY their stuff. Which should be hardly never due to out of warranty. RedPants can source all your parts at a good price when you need them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.