Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Best resource to find AMs for sale? (Vantage)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 12:02 AM
TimothyCraig is an unknown quantity at this point
Best resource to find AMs for sale? (Vantage)

Hi all,

I've got all the normal websites and phone apps to keep regularly checking if an AM Vantage comes up for sale, e.g. Autolist, CarGurus, Etc.

The tricky part of those sites/platforms is it's hard to tell if the prices are inflated (I mean $65k for a 2008? Come on...). There's also the issue of determining if the car has been properly cared for by an AM enthusiast. I would be more likely to buy from somebody on this board rather than a dealer.

Anyway, I'm wondering if besides the aforementioned, if anybody has any other resources they recommend to check to see if anyone is selling? Obviously there is also a thread on this forum, just wondered if anybody other had any other recommendations of places or resources to look.

Thanks,
Tim

Old 02-12-2017, 02:13 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
just keep your eyes open, and maybe exercise a little bit of patience. the right cars tend also to be advertised in multiple places (mine was listed on cargurus, autotrader and ebay).

Old 02-12-2017, 02:58 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Mine was only listed on ebay, but I had 8 different sites I checked multiple times every day for 9 months searching. After you identify a car you're interested in is when the real work starts, the reports, google search the vin, verifying service, calling the servicing dealer for info, etc. I ended up with a stack of paperwork about 2" thick before I finally bought a car, and then it still needed $10k to get it sorted for the road.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:41 PM
TimothyCraig is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks shooter and Habitual, appreciate it.

Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender

Old 02-13-2017, 04:20 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Mine was only listed on ebay, but I had 8 different sites I checked multiple times every day for 9 months searching. After you identify a car you're interested in is when the real work starts, the reports, google search the vin, verifying service, calling the servicing dealer for info, etc. I ended up with a stack of paperwork about 2" thick before I finally bought a car, and then it still needed $10k to get it sorted for the road.
Wow...what did you need to do to get it on the road for $10k clutch tires etc.?

Old 02-13-2017, 09:45 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Clutch, which I could have saved a couple thousand by staying stock [which I now wish I had], the 5 years service, and a list of things that needed sorting out to make it a driver.

Old 02-15-2017, 10:51 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I used cars.com to find mine, I found it to be the best site to work with

Old 02-16-2017, 06:37 AM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Can also check with Aston shops, if they know of any sales. Also with AMOC chapters.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:47 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Aototrade, set your favorites and get notified if there is a price drop. eBay,cars.com

Old 02-16-2017, 01:47 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Ebay
cars.com
craigslist

and worst case Autotrader.com

I found mine on Autotrader.com

Old 02-18-2017, 01:08 PM
norbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nice
Aston just launched their first certified pre-owned program in the US last week. If you're looking for a certified car visit used.astonmartin.com
You can read about the benefits on the website.

Last edited by norbert6speed; 02-18-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:59 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by norbert6speed
Aston just launched their first certified pre-owned program in the US last week. If you're looking for a certified car visit used.astonmartin.com
You can read about the benefits on the website.

This may be some kind of new program, but they've been offering certified, which is just warrantied by the factory with an inspection, cars for a long time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.