Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New guy introduction and V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 05:01 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Old 02-16-2017, 06:36 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TB43
Okay guys, so what are your thoughts on this car? I'm sure some of you have seen it go several rounds on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311802577534...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm not sure if this is the interior color that Vantagelvr thinks is ugly , but I kind of like it against the silver.
I love that color combo. Nice Vantage.
Ron

Old 02-16-2017, 07:42 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Okay guys, so what are your thoughts on this car? I'm sure some of you have seen it go several rounds on ebay.

I'm not sure if this is the interior color that Vantagelvr thinks is ugly , but I kind of like it against the silver.
I really like that color combo, including the interior.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:55 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Looks like a good car, great condition (interior). Love that color combo.

Was this car sold by this exact dealer 2 years ago? I had inquired about the a car at the same place 2 years ago for the same color combo. They low balled me on the trade in so I end up buying another v8v.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:07 AM
TB43 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the comments guys, just wondering if anyone is seeing something I'm not. I've researched this car, and am close to making an offer.

Originally Posted by mkzhang
Looks like a good car, great condition (interior). Love that color combo.

Was this car sold by this exact dealer 2 years ago? I had inquired about the a car at the same place 2 years ago for the same color combo. They low balled me on the trade in so I end up buying another v8v.
That's a great memory, yes it was. One of the salesmen ended up buying it as his personal car, and now he's moving on to something else, so it's for sale again. Do you know approximately when that may have been?

Old 02-17-2017, 09:36 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of

I looked at a red one with that color interior... its seriously ugly, it has a green or grey or some tinge to it that is just off putting, the one I looked at wasn't in the best shape either so that could have an effect as well, obviously... I would go look at in person before you make a decision, pictures can be deceiving and hide lots of flaws you may be picky about

50k for that is pretty steep, you can nearly get a 09+ for that now a days

Last edited by sonies; 02-17-2017 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:50 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
That's a great memory, yes it was. One of the salesmen ended up buying it as his personal car, and now he's moving on to something else, so it's for sale again. Do you know approximately when that may have been?
Haha glad I wasn't imagining things. I bought my car around Sept / Oct of 2014, and I believe that car at the time was somewhere in the mid 60s.

Last edited by mkzhang; 02-17-2017 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:45 AM
Well, forget that one, it's sold. I thought we had reached an agreement yesterday evening, but had nothing on paper. Then the salesman finally returned my calls today around noon and says he sold the car last night for more money. Ugh. This is exhausting.

I didn't just start this search, btw. I've been "looking" since last summer, but have really turned up the heat in the last 6 weeks or so.

Maybe I'll let off the throttle a bit... sucks.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:30 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
The right car will come along and it will be worth it.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:49 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear it, that really sucks. You'll find the right one, though!

Old 02-17-2017, 01:24 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
You could have had it on paper and he'd just rip it up and take the higher offer anyway. He's a used car salesman!

9 months of vigilant searching. You should have a much easier time, you're looking for a far broader range of cars.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:26 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Yeah I searched for 12 months myself, patience paid off!

Old 02-17-2017, 02:43 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry to hear that the car is gone.
I liked the combo with interior a lot.

Time will bring the right car.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:13 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I was moping around, and my wife basically says - "suck it up, you're sad about an issue that about .1% of the population would have sympathy for". Thanks sweetie - good point.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:31 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Well, forget that one, it's sold. I thought we had reached an agreement yesterday evening, but had nothing on paper. Then the salesman finally returned my calls today around noon and says he sold the car last night for more money. Ugh. This is exhausting.

I didn't just start this search, btw. I've been "looking" since last summer, but have really turned up the heat in the last 6 weeks or so.

Maybe I'll let off the throttle a bit... sucks.
I had the same thing happen at a remote dealer. We agreed on a price, I had transportation set up and the inspector was going to come and look at the car the next day. The morning of the next day the dealer calls and tells me they sold the car. The car had been on their lot for over a month before I negotiated with them. I have to say though, part of the fun for me is making the deal, so it gave me the chance to do it again.

These things have a way of working themselves out though. I ended up finding a better deal locally 2 weeks later.

I would say though, that if you are shopping to a price point, be cautious, the more expensive cars may save you money in deferred maintenance, repairs, or resale. I'm shocked at the way some people treat these exotic cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.