Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2006 V8 Vantage Cutting out :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 03:06 PM
rickg is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 V8 Vantage Cutting out :(

Hi guys, today whilst I was driving the car and coming to a round about my 2006 vantage decides to completely cut out and I had to pull up by the side of the road. Luckily it started back up and I was able to get home which was a mile away.

I then took the car out again for a 5 min blast and the same thing happened. This time I called the AA (local recovery) and the computer logged one error which was the throttle actuator was stuck open. He cleaned this out with some carb cleaner and now the car will turn over but only fire up when you turn the immobiliser on and off, but it will cut out straight away, there is no throttle now at all to keep the revs up.

The only warning on my dash is 'fuel system error' and 'emissions service required' (the latter being because of my decat).

The fuel gauge is currently registering just under 1/4 tank, and all fuses and relays seem fine.

Anybody have any clues??

Old 03-15-2017, 04:32 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Check to make sure the throttle body is actually working. Sounds like you either have a bad vacuum leak (maybe something was disconnected during the repair and not reconnected) or the throttle body is toast.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:44 AM
rickg is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi bud I have not had any repairs, i only had my alignment done, put the stock exhaust back on but, this may be of some importance, I bought a remote switch for my exhaust, it told me to plug the red and yellow wires into fuse 22 and remove relay 5 and plug a ground pin into no85 slot of the relay (top slot).

The switch powered up but did not work (possibly dodgy exhaust actuator) so i removed it and replaced the relay back into slot 5. Not sure if this has any relevance but thought i'd throw it out there!

Could it be that this switch has caused an error on the CEM??

Old 03-16-2017, 06:44 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
I was referring to the throttle body being cleaned out after it was stuck open. Have you checked to make sure the throttle body is in fact working?

The exhaust valves won't have a meaningful enough impact on the engine to make it stall.

This usually happens when there's more gas in the tank, but it might be worth a check:
http://www.redpants.lol/blog/2015/12...oblem?rq=stall

Old 03-16-2017, 02:12 PM
electronaut is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by rickg
Hi guys, today whilst I was driving the car and coming to a round about my 2006 vantage decides to completely cut out and I had to pull up by the side of the road. Luckily it started back up and I was able to get home which was a mile away.

I then took the car out again for a 5 min blast and the same thing happened. This time I called the AA (local recovery) and the computer logged one error which was the throttle actuator was stuck open. He cleaned this out with some carb cleaner and now the car will turn over but only fire up when you turn the immobiliser on and off, but it will cut out straight away, there is no throttle now at all to keep the revs up.

The only warning on my dash is 'fuel system error' and 'emissions service required' (the latter being because of my decat).

The fuel gauge is currently registering just under 1/4 tank, and all fuses and relays seem fine.

Anybody have any clues??
On my Rapide, similar symptoms led to me replacing both fuel pumps. Just a data point for something for you to check.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.