Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What did you do to your Aston today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 11:09 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
They're actively pursuing new members, so they gave me a tour and some track time. If we don't move away next year, I'll probably join... it's like a motorsport theme park... so much to do.

They're having an open house on Friday (4/27), jsyk.

Regarding Supercar Saturday, I'm undecided at the moment. I'm definitely interested to see how your wrap turned out in person, so I'll let you know if I'm going.

Old 04-23-2018, 03:24 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
@sonies, @mathman85,

Let's not hijack this and start a new thread for Chicago/Midwest Car Meet & Track.

Old 04-28-2018, 02:14 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
So I replaced the rotors on the V8V today

firstly thanks to Rich at Redpants for his DIY video re brake pads which gave me most of what I needed to know & his email advice which is always helpful

what i didnt know and no one has warned me about was the parking brake rotors

the front wheel, calliper, rotor removal was easy except for a little corrosion between the hub and the old rotor - just needed some brute force to free it

the rear main callipers were also simple to remove and same with the rotors once we got the parking brakes off

the parking brake callipers are obviously different to the main ones. They are self adjusting which means the piston screws out as the pads wear and when you get rotors which are down to 25mm with a lip on the edges you cannot push the piston back and clear the lip. Also you need to slip the cable & eyelet off the brake bracket.

two options
1) break the calliper
2) grind the lip off the rotor to allow the caliper & pads to be slipped off the disk

went with the second solution as the rotors were done anyway

once off you can wind back the piston & re-fit

all in all a good day slowly working on my V8

any day with an Aston is a good one

hope this helps someone

Graeme

Old 04-29-2018, 01:39 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
We took a ride to St. Augustine to meet some friends for lunch. First time the Aston has been out in a month.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	09A036C4-F736-4F39-A63F-3F18BECF9D95.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	525020  
Old 04-29-2018, 02:11 PM
kdm
kdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of light
Drove down to Tampa this weekend for Rich's infotainment tech day. Met James and Lennie from Aston Installations and bunch of great Aston owners. Got Bluetooth and front/rest cameras installed in our 2007 Vantage

Old 04-29-2018, 04:55 PM
mackorbuddy is an unknown quantity at this point

I installed my new oil catch can from Redpants, so no more of this nonsense.
Thanks Rich and Clare!

Old 05-08-2018, 04:31 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
New mirror covers

Put on new mirror covers today... while they won't win a concours event, they look good... first one didn't fit well and a tab was broken. Company from UK shipped another one out for no extra charge... if I have some time on a rainy afternoon i may tweak instal...
full mirror shell not the stick on cover

Old 05-08-2018, 09:46 PM
007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light
Lightbulb First trip to Home Depot...

Picked up a 8' piece of trim and it fit inside no problem.
Hatchbacks are so practical

P.S. Yes that is a Mustang II parked in front of me in the parking lot - can't remember the last time I saw one on the road - I thought they were all cut up years ago for their front suspensions

Old 05-09-2018, 05:48 AM
patrija is on a distinguished road
Have my 09 V8VR in the shop at Jason Pannell’s for a series of upgrades and service ...
- annual service
- repair timing/cam cover leak
- lightweight battery kit
- VAP dual clutch
- VAP power pack (headers, 200 cats, ECU)

Can’t wait for the result!

Old 05-09-2018, 07:11 AM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Mine comes out of hibernation this Friday , have to take it for its Ontario joke E-test then get my annual sticker so I can drive on our pothole ridden roads .

Old 05-16-2018, 06:49 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Had my new carbon fiber splitter installed...

Got it nice and cheap because of some scrapes...

So I made it so that nobody will see them and they'll never happen again. I highly recommend Scrape Armor... easy install, looks great, feels very durable.

And it doesn't look out of place...

Old 05-17-2018, 11:01 AM
rrsport is on a distinguished road
Nice! can you DM me where you sourced the Carbon splitter? thanks in advance!

Old 05-17-2018, 09:27 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mathman85
Had my new carbon fiber splitter installed...

Got it nice and cheap because of some scrapes...

So I made it so that nobody will see them and they'll never happen again. I highly recommend Scrape Armor... easy install, looks great, feels very durable.

And it doesn't look out of place...
Good job, I had mine wrapped in a clear bra material to protect it.
Ron

Old 05-18-2018, 12:05 PM
I'll definitely do the clear bra for the rest to protect from rock chips, but I wanted something a little more robust for the occasional scrape.

Old 05-21-2018, 05:21 AM
Former Vendor
EDHondroulis is on a distinguished road
Hi Mathman85,

If you're in the market for more clear bra, be sure to check out 3M's NEW Scotchgard Pro Series Paint Protection Film. It's clear, glossy, easy to install, and comes with an optional warranty that protects your paint up to $3500. You can learn more at www.ppffilm.com.

Regards,
Manny Hondroulis

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Aston today?