Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What did you do to your Aston today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 06:20 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Thanks for the wheel advice on the wheels my Modulare wheels actually offset a bit more than the V12S, more to the outer edge of the wheel well making the car appear wider...
...the V8 to the V12S was based on a few things - first being I got an incredible trade deal on the V12S at Napleton AM. I've driven a few V12's and V12S before - very short test drives and my V8 GT I think sounds better and handles better, however, at the cost of a stiffer ride (might have something to do with my 20" wheels and low profile tires) than that of the adjustable shocks and seemingly (for some reason) more comfortable seats of the newer V12S...

Also to get that sound you have to be a bit aggressive on the gas, that's not a problem in the V8, but is on the V12S where it fights traction control.

The handling difference and the use of the gears and throttle was what I'm doing in the V8, so I'll need to learn to drive a V12S power curve, to get some sound.

Another factor... my previous 2 Vantages were pretty much 99% trouble free, my current GT has gone through a ton of warranty work for the past two years I've owned it, and my warranty is soon up, so it would be another $5,000 soon to extend another two years. The V12S is Aston Certified with another 2 years warranty already (reducing the effective trade in by $5K).

Small differences - since the GT was a price leader, the cost cutting having owned a few previous Vantages is apparent, however, still a fantastic deal because it's essentially an 'S' with some cost cutting in the details.

My V8 is green with a grey interior - my new V12S is Onyx Black (metallic) with black interior. I really dislike a black interior, but finding a V21S with a light color and not something like 'in your face red' is difficult - and probably near impossible with a 2 year warranty and incredible trade deal... so black it is. Black as an exterior is not my favorite, but at least the Onyx black is cool.

The things I do like about the V12S (other than color) is this one has the chrome window trim and no carbon fiber - which I prefer, and full piano black console - my V8 has only the upper in Piano Black, looks incomplete. The V12 hood and grill would be some things I'd like to do with my V8 if I kept it eventually.

The biggest thing in the decisions was seeing the next Vantage which I'd consider if they were keeping the elegance of the current Vantage, but they seem to be going more Bad Boy Racer than Elegant Sports Car, and I can only assume the busy outside look will be matched with a busier interior (like the DB11 only worse) with a digital instead of an analog panel. If I liked busy interiors and Bad Boy Racer and digital panels, I'd be driving a much lower cost Vette, not the Aston. Seeing the new direction on the Vantage - and add the turbo'd Engine vs. current and that made my decision to at least start looking for the V12S because the prices (on some) seem very low and I think will be close to bottom, or at least not depreciate as fast as my current V8.

Yes, Aston might gain customers with the new V8 but at the cost of losing quite a few existing ones also.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Prefurbia

congrats I';ll be interested to see how you feel about it in a few months because ive got this little devil on my shoulder talking to me about V12V and I'm unsure whether its a good move or not

enjoy & keep us updated

Graze

Old 07-07-2017, 08:05 AM
svre46 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Today I signed the paperwork to trade my 2015 GT with a Black V12S the one at Napleton AM
My buddy checked out that V12s a while back. Assuming it is the same one they had back in April, it was a beautiful car. He almost traded in his 991 Turbo for it. Good choice!

Old 07-08-2017, 10:01 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Just got the V12S this morning! I was expecting some flaws, but if they exist, they are very minor... I'll post picts later.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:09 PM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
Here it is installed with US plate. I always felt the us spec cf diffuser looked weird due to the plastic filler on each side.

Originally Posted by skywagon
That's the European rear diffuser as it lacks the holes for the plate fillers. I have the same part coming for my car. Please post a photo when installed as I think others might like to see that with a US plate as well.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Rwp137 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cabin filters, TPMS delete, and getting new leather on the upper dash panels.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5047.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	479881  
Old 07-10-2017, 09:17 PM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
For anyone interested in weight
stock plastic diffuser is 2229g/4.91lbs
cf diffuser is 1454g/3.2 lbs
lightweight battery much better option

Old 07-10-2017, 09:49 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Tail lights replaced under warranty. Both of them showed a slight amount of condensation so the dealer replaced both. Car is now off warranty.

Now the fun starts!

Old 07-11-2017, 11:11 AM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by smdzucladoc
Here it is installed with US plate. I always felt the us spec cf diffuser looked weird due to the plastic filler on each side.

I think that looks way better. That is why I went with the same ROW part for my bumper upgrade. I could not stand the plastic in a sea of well crafted carbon fiber.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:14 PM
I picked up a set of floor mats on eBay. These are the more economical version of what Lloyd Mats offers but are still evey but of quality. I just wanted something to protect the original Aston Mats. I plan to fit these later tonight. Best part is; the price was only $69 shipped.

Last edited by svre46; 07-12-2017 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:22 PM
So, I put my floor mats in and they look great. I'm sorry the lighting sucks in the garage. I recently had a NAV-TV MOST-AUX wired into my car for Bluetooth audio streaming. This thing was so unreliable I ended up returning it. I had sync issues. Might have been a bad module but I junked that idea. I needed a solution. I decided to wire a spare 12V socket to the fuse block off a switched ignition source in the trunk. This way the FM Mod turns on and off with my car. I went with an FM Modulator and had low hopes. Honestly it turned out to be amazing. Clear sound and no static. I'm floored with how good the Premium Audio sounds off my Spotify and Bluetooth now! I have it set up for only Media Audio and my Factory Bluetooth Handles calls still. I highly recommend this for the guys without an AUX or Bluetooth streaming. Literally shocked how good it works. I use my phone to skip songs since the transmitter is in the trunk. Not a big deal to me.

Last edited by svre46; 07-13-2017 at 04:38 AM.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:41 AM
Rwp137 is an unknown quantity at this point
New leather to replace the shrinking oem stuff. Luckily my trimmer had an exact color match in high grade leather or I'd have had to buy a half a hide.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5059.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	480005  
Old 07-13-2017, 08:27 PM
silver997 is on a distinguished road
Installed Harrison Signature high flow cats. Ordered from Enjuku racing. Call them if your gonna order them to check stock. The website doesn't say if there is stock or not. Good service.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170703_170445.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	4.80 MB
ID:	480050

Name:	20170712_221058[1].jpg
Views:	54
Size:	3.64 MB
ID:	480051

Name:	20170713_153414[1].jpg
Views:	54
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	480052

Old 07-23-2017, 08:36 PM
AMG_Beast is on a distinguished road

Installed Adaptec spacers on the rear today. They don't really fit with the standard wheels so modification to the wheels and studs are required. Love the look though. The hassle is likely saving the purchase of new wheels since the fitment is so much better. That money will now go into HFC and a dyno tune.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:40 PM
AMG_Beast is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by silver997
Installed Harrison Signature high flow cats. Ordered from Enjuku racing. Call them if your gonna order them to check stock. The website doesn't say if there is stock or not. Good service.
Attachment 480050

Attachment 480051

Attachment 480052
Next on my list! Any CEL?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Aston today?