Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Cargo net for Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 11:28 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by flinder
AM did supply a most critical component of this product feature, they included fasteners designed for its attachment and use.

I don't actually know, however, I can come up with rationale for use of expensive fasteners, but lack of a net. The net, in the program originally, was deleted in response to a "PIP" (profit improvement program).

PIPs can demand reductions in headcount, capital expenditure or variable cost. The net would be a variable cost, a part or material that goes out the door with the vehicle. Reductions here have the most immediate effect on the bottom line.

So the net would be a minor contributor and would probably require additional, more significant actions, but as a product planner I would want my delete list to achieve the objective but have minimal disruption to the program as a whole.

A cliche in the car business is, "when the economy catches a cold, the auto industry catches pneumonia". A PIP is the attempt to smooth out and maintain a profit, avoiding pneumonia.
The fasteners are actually meant for the custom luggage.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:59 AM
Shilo is an unknown quantity at this point
Vantage V8 2007 Clutch Replacement

The local dealer can not give me a firm price to replace my clutch as it says if the pin also needs to be changed its extra and they never know u too they get into the car what additional parts need replacement.
Or he gives me a fixed price of over $8,000 Canadian dollars.
Any comemets or input as I really just want to get the car in good order to sell it after having it for a couple of years. Tks

Old 05-01-2017, 01:04 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Shilo
The local dealer can not give me a firm price to replace my clutch as it says if the pin also needs to be changed its extra and they never know u too they get into the car what additional parts need replacement.
Or he gives me a fixed price of over $8,000 Canadian dollars.
Any comemets or input as I really just want to get the car in good order to sell it after having it for a couple of years. Tks
You posted that as a reply to my thread. Start a new thread with your question, else almost nobody will see it.

But that sounds about right for the cost of clutch replacement... maybe a few hundred dollars high. Most of the estimates I've seen suggest ~$5,000 USD.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.