Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Sat Nav clips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 11:39 AM
MrCLOS has a spectacular aura aboutMrCLOS has a spectacular aura aboutMrCLOS has a spectacular aura about
Sat Nav clips

Hey guys - went with the piano black waterfall for a change. Smooth sailing up until now.

Question: Is there a specific procedure/tool to re-attached the sat nav cover back to the back of the nav? It has 2 spring clips that I'm guessing somehow goes into the nav cover piece.

Problem: For the life of me, I have read a dozen threads on the subject but no one seems to be having a hard time on this... I'm losing my mind (and my fingers over here).

Thanks in advance - Carlos ('10 Rapide)

Old 05-01-2017, 11:49 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
The springs attach to the nav screen and to the cover (that's how they move together when the screen opens/closes).
Also, there are two different subframes, and you have to make sure the parts you have match up. There's metal and there's plastic, and they aren't interchangeable.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:56 AM
MrCLOS has a spectacular aura aboutMrCLOS has a spectacular aura aboutMrCLOS has a spectacular aura about
Thanks Rich for always coming to the rescue.

I read about that and compared both covers (from the inside). They are identical.

Do you force the springs back into the middle plastic tab?

Old 05-01-2017, 03:03 PM
M5Power is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Carlos,

I can't help you much with the sat nav clips, but I would be interested in your wood waterfall. Would you be interested in parting with it? If so, please PM me. Thanks, Andrew

Old 05-01-2017, 04:18 PM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
I had the same issue when I switched. Felt like I really had to bend the clips to fit but it turned out OK.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.