Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2012 Vantage S Convertible or 2016 M4 convertible

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 12:45 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
I have had the same fleeting thoughts regarding 09+ v8 vantage vs a new M2. Ive always wanted an Aston and am sure with an M2 I'll still want an Aston, so that makes it easy for me...as soon as I find a nice 09+ in manual and quantum silver that is

Old 05-23-2017, 09:20 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
Mindscape,
Miss you bro!! But you really need to get that car out and put some mikes on it!!

Hope all is well with you and family!

Please give my.love to everyone :-)

Old 05-23-2017, 10:11 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Someone must have been watching too much Doug Demuro or Tavarish to even think of comparing reliability between an Aston and a BMW. Not heard a horror story yet about an Aston, but dam sure have heard a bunch of horror stories about BMW's. Like was posted earlier----they are not in the same league. Be a commoner and buy the BMW, or join the refined crowd and drive the Aston.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:31 AM
dannyc414 is an unknown quantity at this point
Man, thanks for all of the help everyone! I think I'm pretty much set on the Aston (it also harkens back to my very recent British roots). And, like many of you have said, one of my main issues with the M4 is that it doesn't have that true curb appeal. Very nice car and we are very fortunate to be able to even have these conversations, but just doesn't compare to the AM.

One other very quick question - how does it fair if my wife (who always overpacks) and I want to go on a quick weekend getaway in the car. Will we be able to put a carry-on in the trunk with the top down in the AM? We can't with my M or the M4, but we have the backseat. Anyway, just thought I'd ask - worst case scenario is we leave the top up to get there and use the trunk that way. Oh the problems we have!

Thanks again!

Old 05-24-2017, 07:42 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
One of my favorite things to do is take a weekend trip up the California Coast with my wife with the top down. Fortunately the top does not fold into the trunk so you don't lose any trunk space. The trunk is small but easily fits a carry on suitcase, a second small bag and of course a few detailing supplies in case it gets dirty.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:46 AM
Ahhh, perfect. I'm so used to my M folding into my trunk. The only real issue at this point is not being able to throw any of my kids in the backseat for a ride. I'm sure I'll love that they can't when they're teenagers, but man do they love to get in the back of the M at 2 and 5 (currently)!

Old 05-24-2017, 07:57 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
The DB9 and it's variants are much closer in size to the M4 than the Vantage. You would then have, at least a chance, of getting small kids in the car with you if you went with the DB9.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:17 AM
Agreed, just don't like the look as much as the Vantage, despite the similarities. Thanks again everyone!

Old 05-24-2017, 10:04 AM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Batman-76
Mindscape,
Miss you bro!! But you really need to get that car out and put some mikes on it!!

Hope all is well with you and family!

Please give my.love to everyone :-)
Same - we definitely need to do a better job catching up. You guys planning any trips back to ATL anytime soon?

I am trying man...the weather in ATL has not been cooperating

Old 05-24-2017, 10:15 AM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
I've fit 2 sets of golf clubs in the trunk of my roadster with a little maneuvering.

From ATL, my wife and I have taken weekend trips to Savannah and Charleston and taken overnight trips into the mountains, etc. with no issues. It actually fits a surprising amount of stuff if you arrange it right.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:26 PM
Sounds great to me. Thanks again, everyone! No kiddos in the backseat, but I guess I'll have to get over that aspect (for what it's worth my wife said I should) as well as the lack of a stick on the S.

Anyone miss or wish the S had the manual transmission? I like it for the toy, which this car will be, but don't think it's make or break. I mean, it's an AM after all.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:30 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
If you enjoy driving a stick then that's what you should buy. If your wife will drive the car and can't drive a stick, then you shouldn't.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:39 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I have always had cars with manual transmissions so I questioned the same thing. To be honest I haven't missed it. I ALWAYS drive in sport mode using the Paddles to shift. It gives a very similar feel as the stick because it actually engages a clutch.

Old 05-24-2017, 04:53 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dannyc414
Anyone miss or wish the S had the manual transmission? I like it for the toy, which this car will be, but don't think it's make or break. I mean, it's an AM after all.
Don't believe the hype, there are Vantage V8S's out there with a stick.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:49 PM
There are vantage S coupe models with a stick but they did not make a stick for the U.S. market in the roadster model.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.