Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Which vantage would you buy

Old 06-04-2017, 09:06 AM
Ull Storm is an unknown quantity at this point
Which vantage would you buy

Hi guys and gals

I am currently on the hunt for one of the most beautiful cars on earth.

A vantage v8

I actually prefers the coupe, but will opt for the cab version.

question

which you you choose

2008 4.3 30t miles 40t km.. full service history

or a

2009 4.7 with 40 miles 65t km.. also full service

the 2009 is also 8t USD /8teuro more expensive...

I like the fact that the 09 does not have a Mondeo key, and 4,7 engine

bot cars sport speedshift option. I actually like the similar gear box that I had in the my R8, M3 and M5... so no worries about that..

But 70t km.. I would think that the clutch would have to be replaced soon..

Which one would you choose?

Ceers

Cars

Current
Non
well not any worth while mentioning..

previous
Audi R8 V8, Cayman R, Ferrari 458, XKR 2010, M5, M3, 997, 981, 986 and a whole bunch of other cars..

Old 06-04-2017, 09:30 AM
skeena river rove is on a distinguished road
Buy the V12.
If not a option go for the 09. 4.7. Drive them both then you know. But if you owned a r8 m3 etc you want the 4.7 But if i where you test drive the v12 to. Better save a little bit more and buy the Aston you really want then make concessions.

Old 06-04-2017, 03:51 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
^ The V8 isn't a concession to the V12. Some of us want a car that isn't overpowered for the chassis. And I think the bulge in the V12 hood is ugly. The V8 Vantage is a fantastic balance of power and handling, whereas the V12 is for people who want to brag about their engine.

I'd opt for the 4.7L, and not just because of the engine. The 09 saw suspension and interior updates.

Old 06-04-2017, 06:44 PM
skeena river rove is on a distinguished road
Wink

It's funny you don't like the v12 vantage. I think you are one of the view who don't like it. But looks are just subjective. I like the looks of the DBS better then the db9. But some will say the db9 is better looking. I don't think people buy a v12 vantage to brag about there engine, they can also buy a vanquish, dabs or db9. The v12 Vantage is a complete different car then the v8. Because you don't like it doesn't mean it's a bad car.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:02 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi...while others on the site have owned their cars longer....I purchased an 09 auto shift in December...it has the sports package...with around 27500 miles on it. Pm me if you want to know price I paid.

Only thing done to car so far was O2 sensor and 8 year service...

​​​​​​I would suggest you test drive each car you are thinking about buying. Ask the owners if ok to have an AM dealer do the inspection report...on ASM autos they can tell you if the clutch is dying...

Keep in mind a sports package car is a stiffer ride but handles wonderful...but non sports models handle good but more American soft feel.

On this site check out the car buying guide and buy it...check on redpants website...Rich has tons and tons of information on AM cars...other vendors here too can offer help...

Most members here can be extremely helpful when problems happen in your car...yea at times they break your spirit but always help when needed.

Oh...09 was an upgrade on dash...engine...etc...but 08 back are the fun cars the guys modify and track often.

Enjoy....

Old 06-05-2017, 09:31 AM
Ull Storm is an unknown quantity at this point
thx for the input guys..

V12 not a option...

I too am leaning towards the 4.7 for the facelift and less problems...

Fingers crossed...

Old 06-05-2017, 10:49 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Drive them both. What's important to others might not be that important to you.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:08 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I'd love to be roasting the tires with a V12, but I don't feel like paying that much more to go to the grocery store. That you're looking at higher mile cars I'm guessing you're looking in the $40's?

They all have their good points. The later cars, bigger engine, more power, several upgrades, but that doesn't mean the 4.3's aren't very nice also, and if keeping stock they actually sound better. I specifically wanted the 4.7 and those upgrades so mine is a 2010, but you can do lots to the 4.3's to end up with more juice than a stock 4.7 and still be under the extra money the 4.7 will cost. Just make sure you carefully go over the records and carfax of course. I'd go after the aesthetics you want most, color of car and interior, all things else being equal.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:30 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Like others said, there's lot more difference between an 08 and an 09 than just the motor. I'd also compare options between the two like premium audio, sportspack, xenon headlights, etc. I'd personally go for the 09 if you can afford it, but you need to see and drive them both for yourself.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:04 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I guess I'm a bit of a contrarian. I had a 2009 with the sportshift. Now I have a 2008 with the manual and love it. The 2008 has been meticulously maintained and was never driven in inclement weather. It also has most all the options. The 2009 was owned by a high line dealers wife. It was nice but nowhere near as nice as the 08. I have several cars and this Vantage is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Drive them both and don't settle. There are a lot of Vantages. Find the one you like the best.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:14 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I had an 07 - an 09 and now a 2015... big difference between the 07 and 09, not so much between the 09 and 15. My 07 sounded fantastic, the 09 was neutered, quiet as it did not have the sports exhaust - removing the exhaust fuse did nothing to help, and the 15 GT again sounds great. The 07 (25,000 miles) and 09 (42,000 miles) were pretty reliable - both under factory warranties yet little warranty related issues, however in just 11,000 miles, my 2015 GT has had the typical bad tail light condensation, a trans leak, timing cover leak, two brake module failures (apparently they also control the sportshift), nuts coming loose in the drivers door rattling about (twice that's happened), and already the grey leather is worn on the drivers seat bolster making it look like the car seat has 50,000 miles on it. Not sure what Aston will do about the premature wear on the seat, but I think the lower price of the GT may have cut corners on the leather dye and seems like maybe some factory quality control over the previous years. I'd go with the 2009 or later.

Old 06-06-2017, 02:36 PM
spikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nice
Don't just go by mileage, inspect each car carefully. A well maintained higher mileage car is better than an abused low mileage car. If you can stretch it, then sounds advice to go with the newer vehicle if they are the same condition. Astons are bought with the heart with each owner preferring a different color schemes or options. Its going to be your car.

I am glad I held off my first purchase for a color scheme I prefer more, but it took over 9 months of searching.

As far as the V12 hood scoops mentioned above....I have heard many opinions and many not favorable. That being said, the V12 Vantage S manual is best sports car out there.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:07 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
If money wasn't a thing I'd do the V12

don't worry about mileage so much as 40 or 65k kilometers isn't heavy usage, there are significant changes in an 09 model as you know, thats going to be up to you to decide!

Old 06-08-2017, 06:30 AM
Aston22 is an unknown quantity at this point
I went through the same decision last year and opted for the 09. The main reasons were the new options list and slight tweaks across the whole car. I couldn't be happier with my decision. As for stressing about haveing to change the clutch soon. Your going to want to change it regardless. OEM clutch and brakes are My only complaints with the car. Other than that I can't wipe the smile off my face every time to drive it.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:04 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by spikemd

As far as the V12 hood scoops mentioned above....I have heard many opinions and many not favorable. That being said, the V12 Vantage S manual is best sports car out there.
Porsche Ferrari Audi and a host of manufacturers (along with owners) would disagree with you on this. (Just saying )

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.