Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Parking Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 06:07 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Parking Brake Pads

I have Porterfield R4S pads on both the front and rear. The rear still makes an insane amount of dust while the front has almost none. I'm hoping to find an answer. Maybe a different pad for the parking brake. I still have the stock parking brake pads.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:28 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
I usually tell people to get the ones from a Jag S-type. I'm about to start stocking them in the next week or so (might as well since I tell so many people to buy them lol).

Old 06-11-2017, 07:05 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Rich will they make less dust than the original pads?

Old 06-11-2017, 07:07 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
The pads shouldn't be dusting that much regardless. They do skim the rotor during driving, but that's very light unless the handbrake isn't fully released.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:35 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Just a thought

The Electronic Stability Control operation can affect the rear pad wear; it's not that uncommon for the rear brake pads to wear more than the front if the car is driven in a manner that the ESC calculates it needs to intervene...and potentially you may not even be aware that it's happening.

I've been using the Porterfield pads for years and they do dust a lot less than OEM ones.

As far as parking brake pads, I found these a couple of years ago, on a weekend, at my local auto parts house when I found one parking brake pad needing replacement during a routine brake servicing.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:11 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
At 5700 miles my rears were at 5mm, fronts 8mm, from the traction control working the rear pads. I always take the traction control off as I'm backing out of the drive [or anywhere else] before I drive the car, not to even the brake wear out which it will eventually do, but because I don't want the car driving me, I want to drive the car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.