Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 09:43 AM
StormDK is an unknown quantity at this point
ASM I ASM II someone please enlighten me

I have read a whole bunch of threads even ordered "the book" yet to arrive,

but can someone please enlighten me?

As fare as I have understood..

The ASM I aka Sportshift on the vantage was fitted to the car from 2006 until the Aston vantage S in 2012 when it then became the ASM II?..

Before it became the ASM II it only had a minor update around 2009 with hill assist and creep function and other software updates...?

Is this correct? If so then my 2011 Vantage as the update version of the ASM I....? I ask as since I drove a early Sportshift Vantage 2007, and it was fare (the ASMI) inferior to the one I bought, sure could be down to more km, possible worn clutch ect ect.. but still

Last edited by StormDK; 06-25-2017 at 10:24 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-25-2017, 08:11 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi...not sure complete correct answer but I have ASM1 on my 09 Vantage...when AM improved the engine they also improved the clutch and flywheel making them lighter and better materials...

ASM2 all I have read is the creep feature gone and made the shifting of gears even faster

They are a few guys with great information and can go into details that will make your head spin..explaining how everything works...but it is Sunday...they are enjoying their day...haha
Many smart guys here...I guess that is why they own AM cars...lol

Old 06-26-2017, 08:25 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
ASM II is a 7 speed box. I'm pretty sure ASM I is a 6 speed.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:16 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
ASM II is a 7 speed box. I'm pretty sure ASM I is a 6 speed.
Right - the ASM1 is the standard 6-speed SportShift, the ASM2 is the 7-speed on the V8VS, and the ASM3 is on the V12VS.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.