6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Caliper rebuilds (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/408937-caliper-rebuilds.html)

Yorick 06-26-2017 05:26 PM

Caliper rebuilds

Does anybody know where to buy rebuild kits for Aston brake calipers? I've got a 2009 V8V with a caliper that's leaking past a piston pressure seal. Can't find a kit anywhere. Aston won't sell any brake parts other than the dust boots. Having to buy a new caliper and scrap the old one because of one failed pressure seal seems like a cruel thing for Aston Martin to do to its clientele. But they seem to be doing it anyway.

mkzhang 06-26-2017 06:13 PM

Give brembo a shout, also forgot (since its been a while since I owned one) but the V8V shares the front caliper with another more mass market car as I recall reading on the forums a while back

deckman 06-26-2017 07:03 PM

For some reason Mustang comes to my mind.. Probably wrong about that

Aldv 06-26-2017 07:54 PM

Contact first Rich at www.redpants.lol...he can help I am sure...great person and current supplier for these cars...even helped my son on his Mustang.

There is also AM bits and others...but they take sometime to get parts at times...

Good luck

svre46 06-26-2017 08:27 PM

I have some Brembo/Stoptech seals from my 996 Caliper rebuild (had them on my m3). If the piston diameter is the same maybe these could work for you. You can have them for free.

SheriffDep 06-27-2017 04:40 PM

Rich at RedPants can help with this or google a racing company in NJ that sells Brembo seals. Cant remember which company or I would say, but Rich and I googled it in Dec 16 and got the seals for my DB9 in 3 days.

SheriffDep 06-27-2017 04:41 PM

Zeckhausen is the company, first thing that popped up on my google

Yorick 06-27-2017 06:37 PM

SheriffDep, I already got a reply from Dave Zeckhausen this morning asking for some particulars about piston height and diameter and details about the shape of the pistons. Since the DB9 and the Vantage share basically the same brake calipers can you let me know the part number of the seals or of the kit which you got from Zeckhausen? PS: Are the pistons included in what you got from Zeckhausen?
Thanks SheriffDep. You may have just made my day.

SheriffDep 06-28-2017 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Yorick (Post 4646796)
SheriffDep, I already got a reply from Dave Zeckhausen this morning asking for some particulars about piston height and diameter and details about the shape of the pistons. Since the DB9 and the Vantage share basically the same brake calipers can you let me know the part number of the seals or of the kit which you got from Zeckhausen? PS: Are the pistons included in what you got from Zeckhausen?
Thanks SheriffDep. You may have just made my day.

Buddy I didnt order the seals, Rich did, but was done after my googling the company. I was at his house when we did this. I have no pictures either on this computer. On hard drive back in the states. SO sorry, we only did the piston seals and the dust covers. I want to say 38m and 40mm seals. BUT DO NOT quote that. When we ordered them, Z said they knew what to provide and the 05 DB9 calipers are the same as the Vantage calipers at least as far as the 2007 MY. Rich was debating of taking his out and putting in mine to get me home. I am sure by how AMBits sells calipers, they are the same for many years. Sorry I cannot be more of help.

Yorick 06-29-2017 10:07 AM

Many thanks to SheriffDep, Aldv and Rich Seidlitz for steering me to Dave Zeckhausen and helping me getting those elusive DB9/Vantage caliper pressure seals. Dave has already shipped them and by next week I'll be able to start driving my Vantage again.

svre46 06-29-2017 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Yorick (Post 4647244)
Many thanks to SheriffDep, Aldv and Rich Seidlitz for steering me to Dave Zeckhausen and helping me getting those elusive DB9/Vantage caliper pressure seals. Dave has already shipped them and by next week I'll be able to start driving my Vantage again.

What were the sizes he sold you?