Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Caliper rebuilds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 05:26 PM
Yorick is on a distinguished road
Caliper rebuilds

Does anybody know where to buy rebuild kits for Aston brake calipers? I've got a 2009 V8V with a caliper that's leaking past a piston pressure seal. Can't find a kit anywhere. Aston won't sell any brake parts other than the dust boots. Having to buy a new caliper and scrap the old one because of one failed pressure seal seems like a cruel thing for Aston Martin to do to its clientele. But they seem to be doing it anyway.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:13 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Give brembo a shout, also forgot (since its been a while since I owned one) but the V8V shares the front caliper with another more mass market car as I recall reading on the forums a while back

Old 06-26-2017, 07:03 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
For some reason Mustang comes to my mind.. Probably wrong about that

Old 06-26-2017, 07:54 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Contact first Rich at www.redpants.lol...he can help I am sure...great person and current supplier for these cars...even helped my son on his Mustang.

There is also AM bits and others...but they take sometime to get parts at times...

Good luck

Old 06-26-2017, 08:27 PM
svre46 will become famous soon enough
I have some Brembo/Stoptech seals from my 996 Caliper rebuild (had them on my m3). If the piston diameter is the same maybe these could work for you. You can have them for free.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:40 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Rich at RedPants can help with this or google a racing company in NJ that sells Brembo seals. Cant remember which company or I would say, but Rich and I googled it in Dec 16 and got the seals for my DB9 in 3 days.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:41 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Zeckhausen is the company, first thing that popped up on my google

Old 06-27-2017, 06:37 PM
SheriffDep, I already got a reply from Dave Zeckhausen this morning asking for some particulars about piston height and diameter and details about the shape of the pistons. Since the DB9 and the Vantage share basically the same brake calipers can you let me know the part number of the seals or of the kit which you got from Zeckhausen? PS: Are the pistons included in what you got from Zeckhausen?
Thanks SheriffDep. You may have just made my day.

Old 06-28-2017, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Yorick
SheriffDep, I already got a reply from Dave Zeckhausen this morning asking for some particulars about piston height and diameter and details about the shape of the pistons. Since the DB9 and the Vantage share basically the same brake calipers can you let me know the part number of the seals or of the kit which you got from Zeckhausen? PS: Are the pistons included in what you got from Zeckhausen?
Thanks SheriffDep. You may have just made my day.
Buddy I didnt order the seals, Rich did, but was done after my googling the company. I was at his house when we did this. I have no pictures either on this computer. On hard drive back in the states. SO sorry, we only did the piston seals and the dust covers. I want to say 38m and 40mm seals. BUT DO NOT quote that. When we ordered them, Z said they knew what to provide and the 05 DB9 calipers are the same as the Vantage calipers at least as far as the 2007 MY. Rich was debating of taking his out and putting in mine to get me home. I am sure by how AMBits sells calipers, they are the same for many years. Sorry I cannot be more of help.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:07 AM
Many thanks to SheriffDep, Aldv and Rich Seidlitz for steering me to Dave Zeckhausen and helping me getting those elusive DB9/Vantage caliper pressure seals. Dave has already shipped them and by next week I'll be able to start driving my Vantage again.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:58 PM
svre46 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Yorick
Many thanks to SheriffDep, Aldv and Rich Seidlitz for steering me to Dave Zeckhausen and helping me getting those elusive DB9/Vantage caliper pressure seals. Dave has already shipped them and by next week I'll be able to start driving my Vantage again.
What were the sizes he sold you?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.