Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2005 DB9 tyre choice/advice..?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 12:15 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by K9COP
Guys, sorry, the last question about the wheels is the first notification of replies I've had. I went with 295/30/20's in the end, as they were the closest to the original rolling radius. Honestly, I'm still not sure the car needs/can carry off 20" wheels, but the tyres looks much more comfortable now and less stretched than they did before.

Thanuja - wheels are Savini BM9's in 20x 11 on the back, 20x9 on the front. Still not convinced about the rears and how they look at that width...

K9
Here is a shot of 20 x 10.5 with 285/25/20's on them. I think this is likely what you are after. The 11in wide wheel wasn't able to be done with this forged alum block and the design i demanded. So 10.5 it was. I was also worried due to the DBS wheels being 11in wide and they stick out too far. Even though its like 4mm or so this selection brought me in I think around 6mm from DBS wheels. To me its perfect.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:28 PM
thanuja is on a distinguished road
great look! and LOVE the plate

Old 08-16-2017, 12:43 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by thanuja
great look! and LOVE the plate
Thanks, REDPANTS Rich is the actual one who came up with that. I was talking him through some options I had for the plate and he said that. Thought it was great, but I have run into some people who thought it was stupid, until I pointed out Aston Martin 007 connection. Then they got it. But, I didnt realize that there were many people who didnt know that connection, but evidently there are some fairly sheltered people still.

Old 08-16-2017, 04:55 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
But, I didnt realize that there were many people who didnt know that connection, but evidently there are some fairly sheltered people still.
The number of people that have told me they don't watch Bond films is staggering!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.