Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

v12 which fuse to remove?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 04:01 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
v12 which fuse to remove?

A friend has a 2015 v12 vantage. What fuse does he need to remove for the exhaust bypass?

V12 has exhaust bypass right?

Old 07-25-2017, 04:06 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I'd like to also know (I recently purchased a V12S and like to pull the fuse and also know if there is ANY problems if I do that.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:01 AM
norbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nice
Fuse 15 in the trunk, the fuse layout is in the owners manual

Old 07-26-2017, 10:56 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Why would you remove it. It only changes the sound slightly and you loose the cool sound change. Especially in SPORT mode. I'd leave it be.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:18 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
A quick (dumb) question:

Does the V12S have the newer dual clutch as standard equipment - or is it the old single clutch?

Old 07-26-2017, 02:20 PM
norbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nice
It is an updated unit (Sportshift III) of the single-clutch Graziano gearbox.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:10 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I removed fuse 22. There is an immediate sound improvement.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:10 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
You have the dual clutch in your V12 Vantage S.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:36 AM
On the three Vantage V8's I've owned the sound was something to be cherished, so fuse 22 was a good idea. I found myself driving fairly aggressively to hear that glorious V8, both on my 4.3 and 4.7.

The sound from my V12S is much different, and when I pulled fuse 15, A actually did not like the difference. The V12 is a much different sound. Not sure why, but I actually don't get the ***** nilly's as I did with the V8 and actually find myself driving far less aggressively than the other Vantages I've had. The power comes on much smoother, so while it's obviously quicker, it does not 'feel' as quick as the V8's.

In the end after 10 minutes I put the Fuse 15 back.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:30 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
The V12S is a single clutch

Old 07-27-2017, 01:35 PM
The V12 Vantage S is a 2 disc clutch, Manual 7-speed, or SSIII. Don't know How you come to the conclusion that there is only one?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.