Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

07 linn 950 radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 08:17 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
07 linn 950 radio

Is the HU part of the CD player, the service manual alludes to that but does not say. Any help would be great?

Old 07-27-2017, 12:19 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by randyb
Is the HU part of the CD player, the service manual alludes to that but does not say. Any help would be great?
I don't think so, The VOLVO Cd player is behind the facia but below the HU. You can look at the pictures in the Dension how to thread Karl France section. Should show the parts. Also, only the CD player connection is used for the Denison, so that is how I know.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:50 PM
If you are talking about the display, that is the ICM 'Integrated Control Module'. The HU has to be in the CD player or back with the Nav unit.

I thought the ICM was the HU also, after looking it up I found out differently.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:06 PM
HU is in the right wheel well and is the amp there too?

Old 08-01-2017, 03:23 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by randyb
HU is in the right wheel well and is the amp there too?
OK got it the Head Unit for the radio is actually in the floor well on the right? The CD changer is separate like I thought though.

The AMP is I think in the DB9's trunk. Behind the carpet wall, you should see that when you open the trunk lid, take the 4x screws out, the cover will come off and the large amp is right there.

Old 08-02-2017, 06:48 AM
Thanks Andrew

Old 08-03-2017, 11:22 AM
I hope nobody ever has to go through this, it is like reading an engine code but the code does not associate with the problem.
I had to buy 6 loop backs, just in case, as you have to go through and disconnect each module and put a loop back to see if that system is bad and this is also hoping the ICM is not the issue in the first place, as it drives everything else. So this weekend I will tearing my car apart yet again.

Just venting folks

Old 08-08-2017, 10:15 AM
Ok, went through the loopback test and everything seems to point to the ICM. During my testing I learned the phone is working, but turns off after about 2-3 seconds and the navigation does not work.
Reading the Volvo forums I also read where the bluetooth can cause this kind of havoc, but most say a new ICM will correct.

So, does the ICM need to be programmed?
And I here you can only swap with a like ICM, meaning it has to have the exact same specs as my original, is this true too?

Old 08-08-2017, 01:39 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Do you have a part number? New part will need programming. Yes, you need the same part number as original.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:02 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi...you may want to contact Rich at www.redpants.lol
AM cars have had problems with the radio when the Bluetooth unit goes bad...just a thought as he may have your answer..
Good luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.