Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Emission System Service Required Fault Code P0133

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 08:16 AM
vantageuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Emission System Service Required Fault Code P0133

Hi all, i'm new to the forum and mainly have had Porsche & BMW all my driving life. My dad has an 06 Aston Martin Vantage which has the Emission System Service Required message & check engine light on the dash.

We have used the NT510 kit which is very good because it not only covers emission system, but also covers abs, airbags, park assist etc.. here is the kit

http://www.diagnostic-world.com/page...3&p=121452.cfm

Anyway... we got the P0133 fault code with the description '02 Sensor Circuit slow response (Bank 1 Sensor 1)'

I am turning to your expertise to see if A - this can be a DIY job, and B, where i can source this O2 sensor/part from as we are keen to get this done and don't mind getting our hands dirty.

Kind regards and all the best.

Old 09-04-2017, 10:29 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by vantageuk
Hi all, i'm new to the forum and mainly have had Porsche & BMW all my driving life. My dad has an 06 Aston Martin Vantage which has the Emission System Service Required message & check engine light on the dash.

We have used the NT510 kit which is very good because it not only covers emission system, but also covers abs, airbags, park assist etc.. here is the kit

http://www.diagnostic-world.com/page...3&p=121452.cfm

Anyway... we got the P0133 fault code with the description '02 Sensor Circuit slow response (Bank 1 Sensor 1)'

I am turning to your expertise to see if A - this can be a DIY job, and B, where i can source this O2 sensor/part from as we are keen to get this done and don't mind getting our hands dirty.

Kind regards and all the best.

Have you done a search on this forum for the threads covering this exact issue, replacement part numbers, and how to replace?

This has been covered many times over, just do a search.

Welcome to the forum---there are several AM parts dealers on here, REDPANTS.lol ; VelocityAP; and one other I am drawing a blank on. 2x of them are owned by active and helpful forum members.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:40 AM
vantageuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok i have had a look through some other posts which seem to have exactly the same issue.

I used the NT510 to erase the trouble code, and it has turned off and not yet returned. I guess if the code and warning lights come back it will most likely mean that the sensor is actually faulty so ill have it replaced as and when.

Thanks. Can recommend that NT510 as it also covers Aston Martin systems like airbags, abs, parking sensors, oil service reset message, door modules and a few more.

http://www.diagnostic-world.com/page...nt_item_121452

Thanks.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:49 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
A low battery can also cause emissions system (and other weird) messages. I had this exact message when I first purchased my car and the battery was mostly done. I replaced the battery and reset the code and it has never come back. The O2 sensors on older cars do seem to fail, though.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:01 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi...it takes 3 driving cycles where the car warms up completely before you will know if fixed.

Sensors on these cars go bad often...I cleared the code but found it cleared the complete profile of readings...failed inspection as no data...three drive cycles to rebuild as AM cars do not due the gas pressure test every cycle..

I had a sensor reading recently after the car was not used most of the summer....as I was working. Cleared this weekend after third cycle...

Good luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.