Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Need aluminium flat botton jack

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 03:52 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Need aluminium flat botton jack

My garage floor is coated with an epoxy layer (see picture). I am concerned that my current floor jack with wheels will damage the floor surface.
I have been looking for an aluminum, low profile jack that would spread the cars weight over the floor, with a low enough saddle to go under the Vantage.
I have finally found a jack (on line) that might meet my requirements. It has a flat bottom and the unit is made out of aluminum.
It’s manufactured by Pro Eagle Products,
Is anyone familiar with it? Does anyone know of a floor jack that meets my requirements?

Thanks

Attached Images   
Old 10-09-2017, 04:01 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
As the jack lifts it will move towards the car. If the jack doesn't have wheels it will either slide on the floor or the car will slip off the jack. I'd bet that this jack will do more damage to your floor if it slides than the wheels would. Why not just place a wheeled jack on a thin plate of steel?

Old 10-09-2017, 04:30 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by blue2000s
As the jack lifts it will move towards the car. If the jack doesn't have wheels it will either slide on the floor or the car will slip off the jack. I'd bet that this jack will do more damage to your floor if it slides than the wheels would. Why not just place a wheeled jack on a thin plate of steel?
Excellent point. I was thinking of those jacks the NASCAR guys use. They do not seem to have wheels, however the last thing they are concerned about is any damage to pit road.
I do have a piece of 1/2 inch plywood that I use to put my present jack on. (With my health issues I would like a lighter jack) The answer might be to just change to a low profile aluminum jack with wheels.

Old 10-09-2017, 04:31 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, if the jack doesn't have wheels to re-position itself as the car goes up, you're gonna create more problems. What good is an epoxy coating that can't hold up to a floor jack's wheels?

http://allgaragefloors.com/epoxy-flooring/

So what makes an epoxy coating one of the best finishes for your garage floor? Besides looking nice, the hardened and thick application that you get from epoxy creates a coating that is very durable and resilient to impacts, chipping, chemicals, stains, and surface abrasion.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:36 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
While my floor is epoxy coated with clear coat, and it can withstand to "some" impact, it cannot withstand the weight of a vehicle and a jack rolling across it with skinny wheels.

I bought a yoga mat and put it underneath the car for the wheels to roll on. Needs to be a thin yoga mat so the wheels can still move.

You also need to make sure the wheels are directionally aligned so they move in and out with the car so it doesn't drag trying to spin around.

You can also use wood - use some MDF, something that doesn't have grain to it and has a somewhat compact and finished surface.

The jack you posted is not flat - it has a roller on the front and two wheels on the back. The jack must slide forward and backward as it pushes the car up. If not, the car will tip off the jack.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:34 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I would think a wheeled jack like this http://amzn.to/2yeaB2Q

plus a piece of cardboard underneath would protect it just fine

Old 10-10-2017, 10:58 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Search this model by NOS. 58lbs with nylon wheels. NOSNSJ0302

Old 10-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Mathman85
Yeah, if the jack doesn't have wheels to re-position itself as the car goes up, you're gonna create more problems. What good is an epoxy coating that can't hold up to a floor jack's wheels?

http://allgaragefloors.com/epoxy-flooring/
I have no problem rolling the jack across the floor, but I am concerned that the floor might be damaged when the full weight on the car is supported by a couple of steel wheels. ( just not sure I want to find out)

Old 10-10-2017, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Search this model by NOS. 58lbs with nylon wheels. NOSNSJ0302
Thanks, I believe something along those lines should work

Old 10-10-2017, 02:00 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
I have an epoxy floor in my garage and have used a regular wheeled floor jack on it for 10 years without damaging the floor.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0317.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	629.8 KB
ID:	514169  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.