Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

All seasons tire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 01:07 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
On the recommendations of every review I've read, I fitted Pilot Sport PS4Ss over winter... and I've adored them every time I've put my foot down.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=223

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...sport-4s-test/

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/mic...he-tyre-world/

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/mi...t-super-sport/

Old 04-03-2018, 01:52 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Bridgestone Pole Position S0* are known to be good wet weather tires.

Old 04-03-2018, 02:24 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Here in Florida my Aston has 20" Pilot Super Sports and they handle extremely well...It's weekend car so not much driving in the wet, but still handles as well as my BMW that I autocross

Old 05-22-2018, 07:31 AM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Just about to order tires for my 2015 DB9. I am in Florida. After reading this thread, not sure whether to get Michelin or Continental. Any last suggestions ?

Old 05-22-2018, 07:33 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Have had good luck with both brands. Flip a coin.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:29 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Whatever you can get the best deal on, new tires always make a difference.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:52 PM
willin58 is an unknown quantity at this point
I went with the Conti Extreme Contact Sports on my '07 DB9 a little over a month ago. The ride was much improved over the OE Bridgestones, much more compliant, but still sporty. The Michelin 4S will likely give you a little better performance, but at a possible slight loss of ride quality as a result. The Contis ended up about $400 cheaper for me out the door.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:02 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cuddapah
Just about to order tires for my 2015 DB9. I am in Florida. After reading this thread, not sure whether to get Michelin or Continental. Any last suggestions ?
The new Conti ExtremeContact Sport are great tires. I got them due to my luck with them on Merc's and RR. They are also about $400 cheaper than the new PS4's. They both are great tires, and unless you track your car, you most likely will not notice a difference. Save your $400 and go Conti.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:30 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Here in FL I have been VERY impressed in the wet with the newest Michelin Pilot 4S (that replaced the super sport.. which I had prior) In the rain under similar conditions the SS's could break loose quicker and the 4S will not... Which at this point is what I want. High marks.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:41 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
In my experience it is not uncommon to have all four tires toe in on a street car. An IRS will always be toe in to prevent snap over steer. OEMs typically run the front toe in to induce under-steer at the limit.

We run toe in at the back of both of our IRS cars for both street and track.

At the front we run 0 toe on the street and toe out for track work. I tried to run the Vantage with track settings on the street, but every time I turned in it headed for the ditch.

chr

Last edited by era2076; 05-22-2018 at 03:41 PM. Reason: structure
Old 05-22-2018, 05:23 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
I did a damp track day (with 40-degree temps) with the Pilot Sport 4Ss last month, and I maintain they are incredible. Cannot believe how well they grip even in wet conditions.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:09 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Mathman85
I did a damp track day (with 40-degree temps) with the Pilot Sport 4Ss last month, and I maintain they are incredible. Cannot believe how well they grip even in wet conditions.
Although I am a Conti guy, and promote them to other owners, the PSS was a wonderful tire and I am sure the PS4 is all that much better.

The reviews that I read when making my decisions when they both just came out they both placed fairly even on all sectors except turn in where the PS4 got a point or so higher.

The Conti's placed higher on noise, and in the wet.

But, I felt I am not on the track, so the turn in advantage for the PS4 wouldn't make any difference to me. So went with Conti.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:16 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi guys...while my car has Bridgestone tires still...last owner replaced and still good...my son on advice from Rich changed his Mustang tires as the older Michelin were problems.

In 1-2 and third gear often he was spinning his wheels. After changing and getting the new Michelin tires much improved...now only spin when being stupid...lol

I drove his car and much better...in the rain better holding and wheel spin is controllable...cornering is improved but still not like our Aston's on holding.

Thanks Rich...

​​​​​​Edit...oh forgot the only thing I noticed was a little more road noise from the new tires but not crazy loud.

Last edited by Aldv; 05-23-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:27 PM
howzz1854 will become famous soon enough
another Conti ExtremeContact Sport owner. the OE Bridgestone RE-05 was just way too harsh in terms of noise for me. i've had some pretty good luck in the recent years with Conti tires, so i naturally went with the ExtremeContact Sport. i would say they take about 500miles to really hit peak performance. the first 150mi you can slip in 1st. but at 560mi now, i only notice slip when in hypershift into 2nd. they're also quite soft in terms of compound. but the biggest reason i got it for is the noise and ride quality. i've always had the best luck with Contin tires in terms of ride comfort and road noise and the ExtremeContact Sport didn't disappoint in that dept. going from the OE RE-05 to the ExtremeContact Sport was night and day in terms of noise and comfort. haven't driven in rain yet, since Cali doesn't get much rain. but they're rated better in rain than the Michelin PS 4S, which i also cross-shopped. in the end was the overall price saving and ride/noise comfort that sold me.

Old 05-26-2018, 05:32 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everybody! Got Michelin Pilot Sport 4S installed. Noticed big change from previous P0. Never going back. Will try Conti next time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.