Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Smart tire? DB9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 09:02 PM
Chris P is an unknown quantity at this point
Smart tire? DB9

Earlier this evening my wife and I were out to dinner when she noticed a blinking orange light under the glove box. I looked at it and it's a small control box (about the size of an old school beeper) that says smart tire on the front. It was blinking orange on startup and turned solid white while driving. I can only assume this is part of the TPMS system. Anyone know what this does it do and why was it blinking? Seems to blink a sequence of different color lights on power up and then blinks orange until I started driving. My wife only noticed it blinking because it was reflecting off her bag when she went to pick it up. It also seems like it is supposed to be pushed up so you can't see it blink normally but can move it down to access it for service. Thoughts?

Old 10-14-2017, 09:27 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Chris

different colours relate to different wheels/tyres - manual will tell you which is which

if the pressure changes you should get a dash warning, other wise all ok

Graze

Old 10-14-2017, 10:10 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
It blinks for a few minutes after starting out while it connects with each tire sensor.

Totally normal.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:52 AM
Chris P is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the responses. I found the earlier thread about the smart tire with the PDF attachment. Guess I should've used the search function first.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.