Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Car doc diagnostics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 09:52 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Car doc diagnostics

Has anyone in the USA used this product? Cardoc?
It retails I see for about 30 USD, and connects to any smart phone once plugged into the vehicle ODB.

They claim one can even reset codes directly from the smart phone once you have down loaded the app?

Sounds to good to be true IMO but if one can then its tool worth having ?

Old 11-03-2017, 11:12 PM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
You can buy a Bluetooth ELM/OBD II adapter on eBay for less than $5; download and pair it to Torque Lite, a free Android/iOS app, and off you go.

Torque Lite features include (there is also a Pro version for $5 if you want even more features):

* Shows and Resets engine fault codes / DTC trouble codes stored in your car

* Can export map/track log files to Google Earth KML / CSV

* Engine performance data(0 to 60, 0-100, quarter mile, etc) (full version)

* Head up Display / GPS HUD mode perfect for checking your speed at night

* Data Logging functions including web upload and file logging, you can even upload data to your own web server from sensors you choose

* Customisable dashboard with theme support - setup the dashboard with the gauges and dials that you want

* Can help you fix your car and helps keep car repair costs down!

* Turbo Boost gauge support for VW vehicles (in Pro version only)

* MPG for Petrol/Gasoline vehicles. (Pro version has diesel support)

Old 11-05-2017, 05:48 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by keitheva
You can buy a Bluetooth ELM/OBD II adapter on eBay for less than $5; download and pair it to Torque Lite, a free Android/iOS app, and off you go.

Torque Lite features include (there is also a Pro version for $5 if you want even more features):

* Shows and Resets engine fault codes / DTC trouble codes stored in your car

* Can export map/track log files to Google Earth KML / CSV

* Engine performance data(0 to 60, 0-100, quarter mile, etc) (full version)

* Head up Display / GPS HUD mode perfect for checking your speed at night

* Data Logging functions including web upload and file logging, you can even upload data to your own web server from sensors you choose

* Customisable dashboard with theme support - setup the dashboard with the gauges and dials that you want

* Can help you fix your car and helps keep car repair costs down!

* Turbo Boost gauge support for VW vehicles (in Pro version only)

* MPG for Petrol/Gasoline vehicles. (Pro version has diesel support)
Can Torque clear codes as well?
Do you have a link for an eBay BT OBDII dongle what works?

Old 11-05-2017, 06:51 PM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Zettinger
Can Torque clear codes as well?
Do you have a link for an eBay BT OBDII dongle what works?
"Torque Lite features include (there is also a Pro version for $5 if you want even more features):

* Shows and Resets engine fault codes / DTC trouble codes stored in your car"

Sorry, but I can't recommend any particular dongle. The one I have is not listed any more.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:31 AM
vantageuk is an unknown quantity at this point
It will only do engine codes. If you want to diagnose or reset faults/warning lights in any other systems like abs, airbags etc i have used this kit and does really well.

http://www.diagnostic-world.com/page...5&p=121452.cfm

I initially bought it for a check engine emission system warning but that turned out to be a glitch in the ecu and wasnt really a fault.

There are lots of cheapo dongles on the market but my experience is that they don't do any deep diagnosis. They just touch the surface.

Cheers.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:30 PM
I'm sure for $200 more you get lots more capabilities (you certainly should).

For the record, with a cheapie dongle plus Torque Lite, I was able to reset the Check Engine "Emission System Service Required" code.

Old 11-07-2017, 04:06 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I got the OBDLink MX (Bluetooth version) they have a free Android and Windows app, it works great. I believe I picked it up from Amazon

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.