Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Play in clutch pedal - V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 06:54 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Question Play in clutch pedal - V8V

I notice when pressing the clutch pedal that it moves about an inch before the cylinder compresses. Like there is some play before it engages. Is this normal or is some kind of servicing required? Car has 17k and everything else with the clutch is fine.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:41 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
I notice when pressing the clutch pedal that it moves about an inch before the cylinder compresses. Like there is some play before it engages. Is this normal or is some kind of servicing required? Car has 17k and everything else with the clutch is fine.
I believe this is just normal and will be fine. My thought is it would absolutely help me if that is the way it really is. I tend to rest my foot (toes) on the clutch pedal when its totally out. I don't think I put any pressure on it but I try and catch myself and most of the time move my foot. But it happens.

Will be in touch this week by email, working that list up buddy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.