Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Steel Wings - Fantastic!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 10:22 AM
L_W_Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Steel Wings - Fantastic!

Hi all,

Just returned from picking-up the V8V from Jon at Steel Wings in Ivyland, PA. I want to thank Duke and Rich for the recommendation on using this shop.

Guys, I really can't say enough good things about Jon and his team. They performed a full 'fluid baseline' maintenance on the car (e.g. oil, filters, brake fluid, transaxle, pollen filter, lube squeaky clutch, etc.), installed Velocity/AP performance air filters, and V/AP 200 cell cats (which OMG sound freaking incredible!! -- Thanks Stu!!). Steel Wings did an amazing job and were a real value from a financial standpoint relative to what a dealer was looking to charge.

While I was there Jon took time out of his schedule to show me some of the vintage AMs they are working on... simply incredible. Several of the cars were out-of-state vehicles that owners had delivered.

This is a well-established, high-end, high-quality shop that I would freely recommend to all of you without any reservation. They really know what they are doing when it comes to Astons and they clearly care a lot about your particular car and treating you as a valued customer.

Anyway, just wanted to pass this along in case folks in NJ/PA/DE or elsewhere are struggling to find a reputable solution for their AM needs. Feel free to PM me if you want more details.

Cheers,
Len

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	LWM AM.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	927.1 KB
ID:	515683  
Old 11-07-2017, 11:15 AM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
As said before, I'm not one to provide recommendations, but Steel Wings is outstanding.
Most trustworthy and knowledgeable shop I know. Jon and Lance are geniuses.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:31 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by L_W_Martin
Hi all,

Just returned from picking-up the V8V from Jon at Steel Wings in Ivyland, PA. I want to thank Duke and Rich for the recommendation on using this shop.

Cheers,
Len
Who's the Chauffeur?

Old 11-07-2017, 12:55 PM
Haha... ouch, Sherriff! Wife and I had a local charity event that evening... so couldn't resist a "007" tux picture with my BAD AST...

Old 11-07-2017, 03:12 PM
patrija is on a distinguished road
Wow ... not often that I see "Cooperburg". I grew up there on E. Fairmont in the 70s and have lots of family in the Quakertown, Perkasie, Reading area.

Depending on how long you've been there, you may remember the Benetz Inn on 309 and the 9 hole golf course across the highway - family ran both of those. Good memories!

Oh ... and I need to get back the C Diner for some French toast and Scrapple!

Old 11-07-2017, 03:55 PM
rocketboots999 is on a distinguished road
As I am somewhat local that is good to know.

I approached them about replacing my clutch over the winter, but unfortunately they cannot bleed the hydraulics on an ASM unit.

I will certainly consider them for other work.

Old 11-08-2017, 06:13 AM
The French toast is still top-notch at the Coop! Next time you get up this way, we could meet-up with the V8Vs there for some good eats!

Old 11-13-2017, 08:11 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hey Rocketb...contact Mike Bradford rose here or on pistonheads...he stated on ph that anyone can do without the am reader if I remember correctly. It has to do with using the shift paddles.

​​​​​Good luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.