Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage: Anyone replace the antenna 'base'?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 10:37 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Vantage: Anyone replace the antenna 'base'?

I have been running a shortie antenna, but the black plastic base has finally disintegrated and the antenna threaded hole broke off. (just age & sun) .. Has anyone replaced the antenna base? Am I dropping the headliner to do so?... Yuck. Anyone put on a 'euro' shark fin style like BMW has used?

It doesn't do anything with the GPS right? I may just take off the exterior bit that remains... (kind of a crumbling black volcano) and stick on a shark fin. I never listen to the radio anyway. This 'shell' fin connects to the antenna lead and might actually work. [ They 'send along with a box' ] Sounds perfect.

PS... please don't flame me for using non-OEM parts on a 12yr old car with 71k miles... I did just do all the 70k maintenance .. all fluids & plugs. ;-)

This will easily make my '06 look like an '09 to the untrained eye!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fakefin2.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	516100  

Last edited by RolexDaytona1; 11-15-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:41 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Old 11-16-2017, 10:15 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
I am pretty sure you have to drop the headliner to change the base.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:11 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by embdenb
I am pretty sure you have to drop the headliner to change the base.
Most likely.. I'll see how the shark fin looks and maybe post for people this weekend. Otherwise I'll just church up what I have and fill in the hole on the existing base.. Maybe just epoxy the antenna back in for looks... Not motivated to pull the headliner down any time soon.... Haven't been quite that 'bored' on a weekend yet.
Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.