Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

NEW Vantage Unveiled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 10:47 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Yah, that's pretty bad.

We do have to remember essentially these are still hand built cars. One of my [many] criteria when searching was clean matching door lines, because I had seen many that had all kinds of strange mating to the rear quarter and lines that aren't drive me to an unhappy place. This was an 09' that was at my local dealer had one of the worst I'd seen.

Old 12-13-2017, 04:22 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
I am the first owner of my 2014 V8V. Gaps and overall build quality are simply amazing.
Did have to slightly adjust the fit of the gas filler door however.

Last edited by larryg; 12-13-2017 at 04:26 AM.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:24 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Personally, I think a hand built car should have perfect gaps everywhere because they should be taking the time to get it right. Unlike an assembly line where they just slap the panels on the car.

That silver car is horrible because not only are the gaps bad, but the door doesn't line up with the hood and front fender outlet. No idea why Aston would use a car like that to launch a new model unless they were in a time crunch and had to rush to put it together.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:30 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
I hope Dr. Palmer was joking when he said this was the most beautiful car he ever saw or something like that

Old 12-13-2017, 01:01 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Could not care less about some of its imperfections......if I had the money I would have one in dolphin grey!!! Every slag within 100 yards would want to blow my pecker!

You lot are are like a bunch of tosses that are saying you will not sleep with an Italian supermodel just because it farts in it sleep!

Old 12-13-2017, 03:34 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by captain Greg
Could not care less about some of its imperfections......if I had the money I would have one in dolphin grey!!! Every slag within 100 yards would want to blow my pecker!

You lot are are like a bunch of tosses that are saying you will not sleep with an Italian supermodel just because it farts in it sleep!
Look at the grill. That's not an Italian supermodel... it's a British one...

Old 12-13-2017, 03:53 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
People are forgetting the silver lining here...

There is ZERO chance Ford will steal this grill design.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:23 AM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
http://www.autonews.com/article/20171121/COPY01/311219957/aston-martin-reshapes-vantage-to-lure-younger-buyers

Interesting article. Didn't know that the average age of Vantage owners is about 50.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:13 AM
mugget is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RolexDaytona1
People are forgetting the silver lining here...

There is ZERO chance Ford will steal this grill design.
Funny, I just watched the latest Grand Tour episode that featured a new Ford GT and the first thing that came to my mind was how the GT and Vantage have a similar front grill look.

Old 12-17-2017, 11:05 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by captain Greg
Could not care less about some of its imperfections......if I had the money I would have one in dolphin grey!!!

You are incorrect. I can buy a new Vantage, but I will not. The front grill is not proportional to the headlights and the fenders.
Someone mentioned that the new Vantage and the Ford GT share similar grill shapes. (they do) I urge everyone to take a look at the Ford GT. (Currently one of the most beautiful cars IMHO). Look at the proportions of the grill to the headlights to the fenders to the spoiler. Now see what a great design looks like. Then look at the new vantage. Then tell me the front is an improvement over the current model.

Old 12-17-2017, 11:31 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by embdenb
The front grill is not proportional to the headlights and the fenders.
Someone mentioned that the new Vantage and the Ford GT share similar grill shapes. (they do) I urge everyone to take a look at the Ford GT. (Currently one of the most beautiful cars IMHO). Look at the proportions of the grill to the headlights to the fenders to the spoiler. Now see what a great design looks like. Then look at the new vantage. Then tell me the front is an improvement over the current model.
For reference Please see photographs below

Attached Images   
Old 12-17-2017, 12:28 PM
larryg is on a distinguished road
Boy does the Ford GT look great.
Our new Vantage is rather sad looking.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:19 AM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by embdenb
For reference Please see photographs below
powerful argument.

Old 12-18-2017, 04:56 PM
99Problems is on a distinguished road
that pic comparison highlights my initial impression of the head lights being too small. I hadn't really thought of it as too small in relation to the grill, but clearly that proportion looks off in pics.

Don't know that I'll feel different in person, but guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:02 AM
squiddie is on a distinguished road
Is there a 3D model of this thing out there already?

I'd like to try a couple of things with that front.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.