Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Kansas City Area Aston Martins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 05:19 AM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Kansas City Area Aston Martins

Someone sent me a PM wanting info on the KC area AM. The PM is gone So post it up here or resend the PM.

Regards,

Old 01-16-2018, 06:39 PM
RLJ
RLJ is an unknown quantity at this point
KC Area AM Owners

I am new to the forums and may have not sent a PM correctly. I noticed in the forums you are a Kansas City area resident. I live in PV and am researching the purchase of an Aston Martin Vantage V8 Roadster in the 2009 to 2010 year range. One of my primary concerns on ownership is getting the car serviced locally. Have you found a certified service shop in the area? Also, I am wondering if there any other owners in the area and do you get together at all. By chance do you know if anyone has a Vantage V8 Roadster for sale?

Thank you in advance for any information you could provide. I will check for a PM if you prefer.

RLJ

Old 01-17-2018, 09:27 AM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Hi and welcome to the forum. As for local service I've heard Black Horse Motorwerks can do some of the required maintenance and some mods. However there will be some things that require a trip to the dealer. St. Louis is the closest but I use the guys in Dallas. Long story. You might want to go by and talk with the guys at Black Horse. After my warranty runs out, that is what I'll be doing.

There are very few Aston Martin cars in this area. One of the nice things about owning one I guess. I've only seen four other cars here though St. Louis Motorcars says there are about ten cars in our area. Kansas City Cars and Coffee is where a few of the Aston owners will gather. Check out their Facebook page for info.

I personally don't know of any local cars for sale. I'm sure you have read here the FAQ. Just take your time, get Grant Neal's book and get the PPI. Don't be afraid to travel to see a car. I bought mine in Connecticut. Drive as many as you can. Ask forum members about specific cars and dealers. The right car will come along.

Stay in touch and come out to cars and coffee. The deep freeze will end soon.

Regards,

Old 01-17-2018, 04:36 PM
RLJ
Thank you for your response. I will get in touch with Black Horse Motorwerks. I will likely be looking at a car in Springfield , MO and will see if they can do a PPI for me and get a feel for the services they can perform. I have ordered the book you recommended and have been reading the forum which has been very helpful.

I am not a previous owner of an Aston Martin but have always wanted one and love the fact that you do not see them often. Finally to the point where I can look but have a lot of concerns about being informed and getting a good car. Once I narrow it down on a car I intend to see if I can get recommendations from the Forum for a PPI out of town.

I will check out the Cars and Coffee and hopefully meet some owners. If you do hear of a Vantage V8 Roadster for sale please PM me. Thanks again for your kind response.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:06 PM
chriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nice
I'm up here in Ames, Iowa, with a '11 DB9 Volante 6sp manual. I have yet to find any DB9 manuals in the '10-11 range in the US, and have yet to find another Iowa owner of anything AM. When it warms up I'll venture up to the AM dealer up in Minneapolis to help with some very minor bits.

As for watching what comes up for sale, put a query/watch into eBay, cars.com, autotrader.com, and DuPont Registry and you should catch anything that pops up in the used market.

Cheers,
Chris

Old 01-20-2018, 01:33 PM
RLJ
Guys,

I spoke with Vincent at Black Horse this week which is located in southern Kansas City area on the Kansas side. He was very personable and helpful and did say they mostly service Ferrari's but do service Aston Martin's. He also stated he has done PPI's and will and has travelled out of state to do these for customers. I did not get a price yet for a PPI but will let you know if I end up using him. I don't know of any other service techs for Astons in KC but if any of you know of someone else let me know.

Old 01-22-2018, 01:31 PM
boxercupdave has a spectacular aura aboutboxercupdave has a spectacular aura about
I was in KC from 2013 through 2015 working on a project for Sprint. I'd wanted an Aston for a long time but didn't think it would happen. While there I found a 2007 V8V with a manual box listed at the Jeep dealership in Overland Park. Ended up putting a deal together and it's been a very good car.

Had the car there up for a year before relo back to TX. Never saw another Aston while there.

Dave

Old 01-22-2018, 08:36 PM
RLJ
Dave,

Spent some time in the Dallas area when my daughter was at SMU, love that area and probably a lot more Astons there. Would not have expected to find one at a Jeep dealer and glad to hear you have had a good experience. If you hear of any 2009 to 2011 roadster down there let me know. It does not have to be a manual but has to be a Roadster.

RLJ