Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Floor Jack and Socket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 06:55 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Floor Jack and Socket

I am planning to sell my Vantage soon, but if it does not sell, I will need to put snow tires (or snow wheels) and would like to buy a floor jack.

Any recommendations on the jack and disk needed for the jack? What about a socket for removing the wheel? Is there a special one? I have a Snap On torque wrench, but that is about it. I can also use pneumatic if required.

When I first got the car, several wheel bolts had to be replaced, so I assume there is something special used to remove them?

Old 01-16-2018, 10:22 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
I can help with the jack adapter - send me a PM, or you can go to the web store in my signature. For one time use though, you can probably get by with a hockey puck or block of wood. If you have a coupe, the jack points are fairly large - if you have a roadster, you need to be much more careful.

For the jack, I just use a harbor freight low profile jack. Quality is decent.

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-...ump-68050.html

Standard mm socket, but there look to be a couple of possibilities. Torquing is a 2 stage process, 60 ft/lb, then 133 ft/lf if 21mm nuts, or 100 ft.lb for 22mm nuts.

Matt

Old 02-04-2018, 09:10 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I am buying a Rapide and it should be here soon. Is that the same floor jack recommendation or do I need something beefier?

Old 02-04-2018, 09:25 AM
mackorbuddy is an unknown quantity at this point
I got a low-profile jack from my local Costco, Arcan XL 3000 for about 90 bucks. If you take care to position it properly you can get by without the pads (at least on the Vantage coupe you can).

Also, a standard lug wrench is all you need, 22mm in my case. IIRC some cars used 21mm lugs.

Old 02-04-2018, 01:22 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Any good quality low profile jack and a hockey puck is good . As for the socket a couple of turns of hockey tape around the outside of the socket will protect your wheel finish .